Members Online

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, I am wondering why the most members that we have ever had on line was 22, I can go to SH.org and there is 60 members and I go to psychobike.com and there is 35 all day long, what gives, what does this site need to pull that type of traffic? Whats the solution?
rock.gif

Captain

I think that it can pull fine. The other sites are pulling a little more in the Tech. Area. maybe we should have a Tech area for questions. we ahve a lot of good advice and can even get some of the shops to help with questions. Tech area.

Although i am starting to see more of the other guys coming over here also. I am on the other sites also and the only diffeence is builders. I wwill give some more thought to this.

My first instinct is to say this board is a different natured board. Members are more mature(maybe) and therefore have some things to do on the weekends and may work more.

Hard for me to say, cuz the only time I spent on the others(with exception of psychobike.com) is when this board was down.

Differences I've noticed:
1) more open forums
2) other bike forums

Hard to say what would spark it up, but maybe you could put together a suggestions list and make a poll out of it.

rock.gif
indeed...

More mature huh, maybe I can give away Geritol and Preperation-H for al the old fogies to pull em over.. As far as the other bikes, we are the hayabusa bike site, so thats out.... The tech forums, we have em kinda,,, but I dont know of anyone that can compete with the gallery, videos, and chat and other garbage we have here.. .I guess content is not the key.

Well, I was just going to check out Franks site, but the board doesn't work. His site definitely has more forums. Maybe coming up with some more forum ideas could be a start?

Captian, I could be wrong and yes, I can be wrong. But, let's look at what "sells", you have the availabilty of stats here and as far as I have seen, when I was "rustling falcon feathers" around here, your volume went up considerably. Not that I am so great or anything but realistically, people like to live vicariously through others. Controversy sells, sex sells, anger and confrontation sells. Personally, I like it here. I was going to go to labusas to stir up the pot but I just couldnt. I like it here. I have gone nowhere else. I dont want any more confrontational debates, I usually win cause that's my nature.
You are the only one here that gave me competetion. And since it's your board I backed off. It was fun and all, very stimulating and your members would "tune in" to see our latest. Or me and sled (no competiton) etc. Now if you will notice, cache and hank have taken the limelight with humor and wit but nothing serious that would really rivet members to "the next episode" in the continuing saga. Don't worry though. I am sure there will be someone that will come along that I will take a fancy to and read them the riot act. Its definitely not you or your board. Simply the best in content bar none. But there is no "entertainment" for those narrow minded indivuduals (which makes up the majority of people in the states)that thrive on conflict. I have stopped, hank and cache just don't go that far.

Well, my .02 for now. Unless you tick me off!! HEHEHEHEHE

Captian, I could be wrong and yes, I can be wrong. But, let's look at what "sells", you have the availabilty of stats here and as far as I have seen, when I was "rustling falcon feathers" around here, your volume went up considerably. Not that I am so great or anything but realistically, people like to live vicariously through others. Controversy sells, sex sells, anger and confrontation sells. Personally, I like it here. I was going to go to labusas to stir up the pot but I just couldnt. I like it here. I have gone nowhere else. I dont want any more confrontational debates, I usually win cause that's my nature.
You are the only one here that gave me competetion. And since it's your board I backed off. It was fun and all, very stimulating and your members would "tune in" to see our latest. Or me and sled (no competiton) etc. Now if you will notice, cache and hank have taken the limelight with humor and wit but nothing serious that would really rivet members to "the next episode" in the continuing saga. Don't worry though. I am sure there will be someone that will come along that I will take a fancy to and read them the riot act. Its definitely not you or your board. Simply the best in content bar none. But there is no "entertainment" for those narrow minded indivuduals (which makes up the majority of people in the states)that thrive on conflict. I have stopped, hank and cache just don't go that far.

Well, my .02 for now. Unless you tick me off!! HEHEHEHEHE
how could you compare me to hank?? ?!

nm.. not gonna go there.
mad.gif

I know that we don't have motorhead here, jeeesh that guy is pretty awesome, I guess he is the best or at least that is what I hear..... I dont know exactly what forums to put up, you can only break it down so many ways..... I know the drag racers go to psychobike, I want MORE traffic and posting.

captain

I don't know what else you could do but if it's any consolation I like it just the way it is. While the board was down I went looking at the other sites to see if there was something about what happened here. I found what I was looking for and a lot more. There was a lot more bickering, name calling, accusing, finger pointing, swearing, and belittleing nonsense going on. Frankly I can do without that. Tonight is the prime example for what I am talking about. There is a lot of nonsense crap going on at work and attitudes are flying, mine included. Our fill in forman is a complete idiot and likes to think that he is the man. He tells you one thing and then does the complete opposite. Anyway back to the subject. The rest of the night I had to bite my tongue to stay out of trouble and all the way home I was thinking about tonights nonsense. Once I got home I came here to see what was going on and low and behold no conflects, bickering and so one. I have been able to get work off of my mind and get back to the way I like to be. Fat, dumb and happy. I know this wouldn't be possible with the other sites. Thank you all very much for makeing the site what it is.
Sorry for the rambling
Jim

cap, I know membership and activity took a heavy hit with the recent down time. I think the combination of that, and the time of year - holiday season - is the biggest impact.
I am confident it will pick up again and whatever we can do to help is at your disposal. I am going to put in my signature on all the other sites so they can see what we have. Exposure will help a bit. Keep your head up, and don't let it get to you.

Captain,

I noticed on other boards that I don't visit very often anymore, that they contain forums for drag racing and this might be the biggest key...If you were to create say 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile forums that might be the area to pull the members back in...I recently started going to the track and the high is awesome and gents just like to talk about their experience and give pointers...

Go ahead and kill me, BUT I think the market is changing and the busa is losing a little of it's luster. Remember it's going on 5 years old now and new products are coming out right and left.

As an example, Sport-Touring.net is growing, maybe due to the new ST bikes out there now and the top speed stuff is kinda a mute topic now.
Oo.gif

I know that we don't have motorhead here, jeeesh that guy is pretty awesome, I guess he is the best or at least that is what I hear..... I dont know exactly what forums to put up, you can only break it down so many ways..... I know the drag racers go to psychobike, I want MORE traffic and posting.

captain
Don't forget the time of year. I do not think we need to do more then keeping things a little separate. Also some of us can start spreading the word somemore on the different sites. they are getting the word with Vids and pics now. Some of the heavy users are already starting to come over. Whe I say Tech formum, i think that we only have to have a separate thread. Lots of guys will come over. Some great builders would help out with info or we go ask for information that we do not know. The Pit, Tune, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much cap..  I'm sure it will pick up at a higher rate after christmas is over.  If you want I could sign up for an "alter_ego"

rock.gif
hahah!
idea.gif

Quality always rises to the top.. and this site is quality.

I think the forum layout is nice.. a category for everything the average (read non-racing rider) could want. If anything I could see you adding some stuff that would be geared more towards peeps like Ninja Eater/Frank, etc. those... "I CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POWER" guys. ... oh. NE.. already mentioned that.. oops.

afz.gif

I saw this just as I went back to the "main" forum page..

Most users ever online was 23 on Dec. 16 2002,1:11

See.. improvement already.

I agree with Gar.....

Much better quality here. Every other post isn't "Ping so-and-so" or doesn't degrade into crap conversations about tangents of the original post. Much more reader friendly.

Plus I can only check the board a couple times per day... it's rare that I can hang out.....If I could tho'.........

I know I'm a little new as far as posting. But all the other sites I have visited (while we was down) are a bunch of trash talking idiots ! That Labusa site their little deal for photos to I.D. themselves is to give the finger. I don't want to be associated with that kind of organization. To me that it disrespectful to our bikes and our owners group as a whole. This is the best site I have found, and if someone has a question we all try to help them find the answer. If the quality stays like this people will come, "O" yes they will come.
P.S. I think one thing that might help is if we could find members in our geographic area to meet and ride with. I will be at Laguna Seca, that would be a good place for us West Coast Guys to meet.

Back