Meet -N- Greet #2

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to let everyone know that Meet-N-Greet #2 was a huge success. Doug and Mrs. Waterbug have lots and lots of pictures.

One of the coolest things we got to do today was tear up the emergency contact lists after our ride. Professor, Waterbug and I carried them just in case.

I am exhausted, but thrilled that I was part of this experience.

Thanks for all who came, for those who didn't, we sure did miss ya.

Have a great day.

Don

beerchug.gif
I was sitting in RSD's favorite Japanese Steak house with him when you all called! Good on ya Folks.
super.gif

Now where the hell are the pictures?
rock.gif
??

(Revlis @ Sep. 17 2006,00:24)
beerchug.gif
I was sitting in RSD's favorite Japanese Steak house with him when you all called! Good on ya Folks.
super.gif

rock.gif
??
Pictures will be coming. Cap has to get back home. Do you know how long it would take to transmit those hi-res pictures over 2 cans and a string? This is Arkansas, ya' know.

Don

tounge.gif

+100 on Don's comments, it was great to become part of this community and three months later get to go to this and meet a lot of great folks!

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to all, hope you enjoyed our pretty corner of Arkansas and some great roads!

Pictures (not great) on page 11 of the Meet-n-Greet thread...

My wife Deb & I had a great time. The only thing I'm kicking myself about is missing last year....can't wait until the next gather. Riding home in the rain couldn't dampen my spirits stemming from this weekend. Hayabusa.org is awesome  
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
. Thank you all for a super time
smile.gif

Paul

(usn04limited @ Sep. 16 2006,22:35)
(Revlis @ Sep. 17 2006,00:24)
beerchug.gif
  I was sitting in RSD's favorite Japanese Steak house with him when you all called!  Good on ya Folks.  
super.gif

rock.gif
??
Pictures will be coming.  Cap has to get back home.  Do you know how long it would take to transmit those hi-res pictures over 2 cans and a string?  This is Arkansas, ya' know.

Don

tounge.gif
Speaking of cans, that is the first time in 25 years I have used an outhouse.
laugh.gif

I really wish I could have been there! How many of you all are gonna try for the spring Bash?

Working on the pics now.... Each one is about 5 meg (poster size...) so it will take just a little while... The pics that I took on the curve on Sat morning absolutely sucked.... HOWEVER always have a backup plan (BETH) a pro photographer snapped them all too and hers are flawless........ SOOOOOOOOO I have about 400 other pics that are uploading now and then they will be put in the gallery.... The members will have the option to see them in several sizes for bandwidth and time savings... I will turn on the shutterfly functionality and you guys can order anything from a 4x6 print to a poster and have it delivered to your door.......

Should have them up by tomorrow afternoon......

CAp

Let me add that I originally showed around 420 images but once I filtered out the shots of my wife shooting me the finger I was down to around 400..... For those that were there I'm sure that you can appreciate this post........

On to the cool stuff that everyone needs to know....

1. Professor is getting a name change to McGyver
2. DREW (All Caps) is a heavy sleeper or we jsut bored the hell out of him on Friday...
3. No matter what anyone says Yeagermeister is the BEST
4. The Texas bunch made you want to grab your kids and hold them close when they pulled up but they are the best folks around... (even if they are on kawis and yamahoppers)
5. KS-Waterbug does indeed have two eyes and he is not green like I expected.
6. USN04limited has two very healthy young boys that REALLY REALLY wanted that busa calendar......
7. The rumor that LABUSA was moving in with the lodge owner is absolutely not true and rumors can be hurtful
8. The names of a lot of the members that have hayabusa or some form of the name do not look similiar in any way.... example..... Busahaya, busacruz, busawhipped all differnet and not clones......
9. As important as we all think we are on hayabusa's Eureka springs nor the Point West Lodge welcomed us by posting signs for all to see...... We can thank DREW (All caps),  Labusa and a little liquid courage called wildturkey for the warm welcome......
10. I took the hit for all the married men there when I took the women to town to shop ALL DAY.... To set the record straight no matter what you 4 have been told I had a terrible time and we visited every store there that sells jewelry, fabric, cutsie things or anything pink.... A whole store that sells nothing but socks.............

MORE TO COME

(captain @ Sep. 17 2006,21:16) On to the cool stuff that everyone needs to know....

6. USN04limited has two very healthy young boys that REALLY REALLY wanted that busa calendar......

MORE TO COME
Nice of you to say that, but only one of the monsters is mine, the other is his best friend.

Don

Some pics from the group ride Saturday...

The lineup-

Lunch at what turned out to be the hidden Mecca of motorcycling in the U.S.- Jasper, Arkansas! A town without even cellphone service!!
biggrin.gif
Must have seen 200 bikes during lunchtime!

P.S.- Those are some FREAKY front ends on those Triples, aren't they?

(captain @ Sep. 17 2006,21:16) On to the cool stuff that everyone needs to know....

1. Professor is getting a name change to McGyver
2. DREW (All Caps) is a heavy sleeper or we jsut bored the hell out of him on Friday...
3. No matter what anyone says Yeagermeister is the BEST
4. The Texas bunch made you want to grab your kids and hold them close when they pulled up but they are the best folks around... (even if they are on kawis and yamahoppers)
5. KS-Waterbug does indeed have two eyes and he is not green like I expected.
7. The rumor that LABUSA was moving in with the lodge owner is absolutely not true and rumors can be hurtful
8. The names of a lot of the members that have hayabusa or some form of the name do not look similiar in any way.... example..... Busahaya, busacruz, busawhipped all differnet and not clones......
9. As important as we all think we are on hayabusa's Eureka springs nor the Point West Lodge welcomed us by posting signs for all to see...... We can thank DREW (All caps), Labusa and a little liquid courage called wildturkey for the warm welcome......
10. I took the hit for all the married men there when I took the women to town to shop ALL DAY.... To set the record straight no matter what you 4 have been told I had a terrible time and we visited every store there that sells jewelry, fabric, cutsie things or anything pink.... A whole store that sells nothing but socks.............

MORE TO COME
C'mon, Cap- you skipped the shops for leather, lingerie, and homemade fudge?!?
rock.gif
zzwhip.gif
zzwhip.gif

B.S.!!
biggrin.gif

P.S.- Factoid- Eureka Springs is a town with 19 bars and a population of 1900.
all_coholic.gif

zzwhip.gif

9. As important as we all think we are on hayabusa's Eureka springs nor the Point West Lodge welcomed us by posting signs for all to see...... We can thank DREW (All caps), Labusa and a little liquid courage called wildturkey for the warm welcome......
WAY TO GO Labusa and DREW for the sign!!
super.gif
super.gif

I thought the motel did it for us when I saw it Saturday!!
ices_rofl.gif

DAMN, how much Crazy Bird did you guys drink?!?
all_coholic.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry I had to miss it- had a domestic situation I had to make a priority Fri & Sat night.

super.gif

(captain @ Sep. 17 2006,21:16) 10. I took the hit for all the married men there when I took the women to town to shop ALL DAY.... To set the record straight no matter what you 4 have been told I had a terrible time and we visited every store there that sells jewelry, fabric, cutsie things or anything pink.... A whole store that sells nothing but socks.............
Hey, CAp:

worthless.gif

biggrin.gif

Back