Mechanical Scavange Pump "Pimp Pump"

v8killr4u

Registered
I recently purchased a "Pimp Pump" or Emtes Pump. Right now the line goes directly from the pump to the turbo. The directions specifically state DO NOT run a direct line because it could cause bearing damage to the turbo. The directions say use a "T" fitting connected to the crank case ventilation.

I dont understand the what "T" fitting means and was hoping one of you have experience with this set up and can tell me what I need to do so I dont cause any damage. Some pics of your set up or a simple diagram/drawing would make thing clear.

If I need to purchase anything additional, check valve or something please let me know where i can purchase it and round about price.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

I don't recall reading that. On the prostreet bikes the line ran from the turbo to the pump, pump in to a hole that was tapped in to the water pump block off plate which is just draining back in the the crankcase. So I'm not sure what they mean by that.

I'm not sure what they mean by it either but I attached the directions. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Oil Pump.jpg

My bigcc scavenge pump is hooked straight to the turbo for long time and no problem. Looks like the same design?

My bigcc scavenge pump is hooked straight to the turbo for long time and no problem. Looks like the same design?

Just curious how you routed the line. I had two options, 1st option was down the side of in front by the header and exhaust housing or up under the tank and out down the side to the intake housing. I wasnt sure if how this thing is routed affected its ability to suck oil.

Mine is ran straight under the oil filter towards the right side of the engine. I'm assuming our pumps mount in the same location? I will snap some pics and post them I'm horrible at explaining.

Twozerozerotwo, what ever happened to the pics? I'm about to start on my build and I also have the mechanical BigCC scavenger pump. Just want some different ideas on how to set it up.

Sorry about that I kinda got lost with work and the family (story of my life). I snapped a pic but it's not the best I will Def snap a pic after work and post.

The large line goes directly to the mechanical scavenge pump, the small line - located on top of the tank - is a long small line with a check valve at the end . . . this works great, I'm sure there are other ways to deal with this . . .:laugh:

DSCN1267.jpg

DSCN1268.jpg

I don't know why people have so many issues with mechanical return pumps. I've alwaysused a standard feed line and a direct connection to the oil return on the turbo. No check valves, goofy vents, catch cans, nothing. Just a feed line to the turbo with an inlet restrictor, and a pump sucking the oil directly out of the turbo.

I don't know why people have so many issues with mechanical return pumps. I've alwaysused a standard feed line and a direct connection to the oil return on the turbo. No check valves, goofy vents, catch cans, nothing. Just a feed line to the turbo with an inlet restrictor, and a pump sucking the oil directly out of the turbo.

We have never had a problem with a direct connection either, but this one customer was deathly afraid of his pimp pump sucking the turbo dry, hence the catch can. We had seen this before from other builders and tried it with this guy. That was over six years ago with no problems along the way. If and when we do another, it will be a direct connection. :laugh:

I didn't want my bike to smoke or turbo back up with oil while going down a pyramid :laugh:

Back