Mechanic School?

Sun

Registered
Was wondering where I could take some training on how to work on my Busa? I want to be able to 'tear it apart and put it back together again' type training.

GSX1300R shop manual and some tools. $65.00 for the manual, endless $$ on tools.
ThumbsUp.gif

And a couple of Pit Bull stands are handy too.

I went to MMI way back in 1991 and I truly believe you can learn all you need to know by diggin' in and getting your hands dirty. It's not that they have a bad product just that you are capable of learning this stuff on your own without paying the exorbitant cost involved. It is fun and very informative. Just open the shop manual and get greasy!!

I wanted to go to school to be a motorcycle mechanic, but the only schools I could find were in AZ, and FL ??

Suzuki GSX1300R Shop Manual, tools, and the O-R-G will do.......if you have "any" mechanical skills, the Hayabusa is simply a small DOHC engine with gear / shaft drive everything......there are plenty of skilled wrench spinners in here...Some of us have made a Hobby-Career of working on anything with an engine, upwards of 30 years for me, others more. You got aircraft-techs, diesel-techs, automotive-techs, moto-techs...they're ALL here somewhere......some of these folks have mad skills also.
super.gif

When it comes down to it, it's just nuts-and-bolts, limits and tolerances to me.....oh and bore and stroke, drive and final ratios, flywheel horsepower, rear wheel horsepower, frictional coefficients, compression ratios, flow rates...oh Man THERE'S SO MUCH GOING ON AROUND HERE...
coolold.gif

+1 on the manual.
Very easy engine to learn.
If you come across any questions, post em up here and i guarantee they'll be answered.IMO there is WAY TO MUCH knowledge on this site to go waste your hard earned money at some school.
If its an actual certificate your looking for, it dosent mean S&*T unless you want a pay raise at your local mech's shop.
beerchug.gif

Back