Me & my big mouth...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
One of my buddies just bought a used twin turbo 300ZX. He came by work today (we work at the same place) in it and was talkin' about how fast it was. I could feel him on it because I drove a TT 300 before and it was a fun ride. However, from out of nowhere the old diehard street racer in BT spoke up and said, "I'll run ya with the busa." I also instinctively done the money rub at the same time! (Money rub= rubbin' thumb and fingers together. Universal sign for cash in the racin' circles I played in.) Whoa!
eek2.gif
Where the heck did THAT come from?
rock.gif
I haven't street raced in several years now, but my challenge just rolled out sooooooooo naturally. After I said it I realized what I said and was like, damn. I'm standin' here in uniform tryin' to drum up a street race for some cash. Hehehehe... Ooops.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, he says, "The guy I bought it from has one you need to race with the busa. It's pushin' 1100 hp." I'm standin' there tryin' to keep my mouth shut but it just ain't happenin'. "Hell, I'll run that one, too." and another money rub...
drooling3.gif

It was scary how quick and natural my challenge dropped after all these years of not even watchin' a street race. I just hope it doesn't go so far that I have to resist actually linin' up with either of them. I'm not worried about losin', I'm worried about gettin' fuggin' HOOKED on street racin' again. I had it BAD before I got out. Lucky I survived it with an intact license. I certainly don't need to get hooked on street racin' Da' Train.
drooling3.gif

Anyway, ain't it funny how an old habit can lay dormant for so long and then just surface, causin' you to do somethin' without even thinkin' about it, and just like you never stepped away from it?
rock.gif

But ya know, the thoughts of doin' some roll ons against those Z's just makes the hair stand up on my neck and arms. Hmmm, I need to forget that sheeyot and think OTHER happy thoughts.
biggrin.gif

Help me... I'm weak.
blush.gif

drooling3.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

It's just an old streak, bro...sometimes it's harder to let go of those than we either think or care to admit. Runnin gums about something you're sure of can be looked at three ways: confident, arrogant or insane.

You said you had it bad before, so I think it's just a competitive side speakin out. Either that, or you've had a lack of adrenaline for awhile...and yes: it is a scary thought to street-runnin Da Train. Many many bad things can happen.

When I first got my car, (03 Altima SE) I was flying that little bastid all over the place. I took her up to 120 on a stretch of road that had three turns...and this same street has already claimed many lives. I took her to another strip...was playing cat-and-mouse with a POS Camry...and I spun her out at 100+. Tail end kicked out and that was all she wrote. Luckily, I didn't wrap myself or the car around a telephone pole. In fact, I just missed one by about 20ft.

Yep...not a single scratch on the car. The oncoming cars saw me well ahead and slowed down...very lucky for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is be careful...you never know when shid's gonna hit the fan. I was lucky...very. Since then, I've slowed down sooo much. It was that incident (and spending $600 on tires) that really brought it home for me.

Be safe, my bro...

It's just an old streak, bro...sometimes it's harder to let go of those than we either think or care to admit. Runnin gums about something you're sure of can be looked at three ways: confident, arrogant or insane.

You said you had it bad before, so I think it's just a competitive side speakin out. Either that, or you've had a lack of adrenaline for awhile...and yes: it is a scary thought to street-runnin Da Train. Many many bad things can happen.

When I first got my car, (03 Altima SE) I was flying that little bastid all over the place. I took her up to 120 on a stretch of road that had three turns...and this same street has already claimed many lives. I took her to another strip...was playing cat-and-mouse with a POS Camry...and I spun her out at 100+. Tail end kicked out and that was all she wrote. Luckily, I didn't wrap myself or the car around a telephone pole. In fact, I just missed one by about 20ft.

Yep...not a single scratch on the car. The oncoming cars saw me well ahead and slowed down...very lucky for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is be careful...you never know when shid's gonna hit the fan. I was lucky...very. Since then, I've slowed down sooo much. It was that incident (and spending $600 on tires) that really brought it home for me.

Be safe, my bro...
Lack of adrenaline? Dunno, I get LOADS of it at work some days. Maybe a lack of POSITIVE adrenaline...

The fact is that I truly LOVE street racin'. I know how dangerous it is. I know the risks and penalties. I know how outrageously stupid it is, but dammit I just LOVE to do it! Made a decent amount of money for a while doin' it (for a teenager/early twenty somethin' dude anyway). You hear people say that (insert habit/hobby here) is in their blood? Well, street drag racin' is in my blood, bro. There's only one activity I truly enjoy as much as a good night in the street racin' scene. We won't go there on a family rated board though.
wink.gif

What I would give for one good, accident and trouble free night of street races the way it used to be. Not a friggin' Civic or other ricemobile in sight (unless of course some chicks followed us out of town to watch...
wink.gif
). just some bad ass american muscle cars and testosterone flowin' like a fuggin' river...
biggrin.gif

Maybe I'm already beginnin' the slippery slope to my mid life crisis. Maybe shid like this is how that starts. I'm gettin' old. Already thinkin' about the good ol' days...
drooling3.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
Not even close, my bro...I don't think yer anywhere near that yet. I hear ya, though. Could be that positive adrenaline thing...

I feel exactly the way you do...'cept fer me, it's the Busa...I think I was born to ride...nothing really calms me down or clears my head quite so much as riding does. I remember your sig line awhile back... "riding is my therapy" and "live to ride, ride to live"...

Those are still my mottos up until now. Bear in mind, when I first started here, I was Busa-less...just waiting on one to come my way. When it did come, wow...I was taken aback. Life will never be the same. I do enjoy something almost as much, but...uhh...I won't get into that either. Let's just say since my wife has been gone, I've been really L ack O f S leep.

IT's just something yer damn passionate about...something no one will ever understand unless they themselves feel just the same way you do. I tell my wife the same thing about riding. She doesn't quite grasp the concept of how much riding does for me...because she hasn't done it and she might not get the same thing from it that I do. Her bein a passenger doesn't cut it either...'cause she can't fully experience everything that I am...until she does it for herself.

So I think I hear ya loud an clear, my bro...just do me a favor: no more talk of this "mid-life" stuff, ok? Yer far from it, my man...
wink.gif

I'm with both of you'z.  I have a hard time saying to my kids (students) I'd rather not talk about it when they hit me with:

How fast does it go?

How fast have you gone?

Can you do wheelies?

Have you ever raced anyone?

Wanna race me?

My dad has a whatever-1100, would you race him?

Have you ever run from the cops? (And yes honestly the last two was what I was asked TODAY!)

Answers:
Too fast
Same answer as the first one
more difficult NOT to do wheelies
Ummm, yes.
no yer just a kid (and a poser!) and there is no contest
no I'd whoop his azz also
Ummmm... Don't go to hayabusa.org!

No mid life crisis BT, just a normal male doing normal male stuff!

(Like cooking obsenely good cookies, sewing spider costumes, and running the shid outta the most awesome bike on the planet!)

BT, I don't think any of us will ever lose the desire to race. If you have it, you have it, and it will always be there in one form or another.

Hell, when we get old, we'll be looking for wheelchair mods to give us that edge in the supermarket.
laugh.gif

BT, I don't think any of us will ever lose the desire to race. If you have it, you have it, and it will always be there in one form or another.

Hell, when we get old, we'll be looking for wheelchair mods to give us that edge in the supermarket.
laugh.gif
LOL... Yeah, I need to get started on my scooter for when I'm old. I'm thinkin' flames and checkered flag graphics with some candy apple red for a base. Yeah, I know, flames have been DONE to DEATH. I'll take a gamble on 'em bein' "in" again by the time I need a scooter.
biggrin.gif

Ummm...

Old BT = cool street racer addicted to speed...

Popo BT = guy that locks up street racers, but now wants to street race himself...
I do think there's a conflict of interest there...hate to see your mug holding one of those black boards with numbers under it...so...

Racing Popo BT = Mug shot (been trying to compose a nice mug shot of ya, but I'm too slow and don't have the cool Photoshop tools)...
laugh.gif

Ummm...

Old BT = cool street racer addicted to speed...

Popo BT = guy that locks up street racers, but now wants to street race himself...
I do think there's a conflict of interest there...hate to see your mug holding one of those black boards with numbers under it...so...

Racing Popo BT = Mug shot (been trying to compose a nice mug shot of ya, but I'm too slow and don't have the cool Photoshop tools)...
laugh.gif
I don't lock up street racers. I've wrote tickets for it when I caught 'em doin' it in fuggin' town, but I don't mess with 'em on the empty back roads...
wink.gif

This is the first vehicle I have owned that I could do any racing on. I haven't had any real opportunities, but when having it put in my face I think I would have to put that a$$ down. The unfortunate thing would be to lose because I would do everything that I could (big bore or turbo, NOS, cams, etc.) to make sure that $hit didn't happen again!

Face it BT, you love the thrill of being on the edge. That's why you do what you do, that's why you have a really fast bike, it's just a part of you!

Not that that's a bad thing
smile.gif

I don't think it's a good idea to do it in uniform, however
cool.gif

Too funny Bullet........totally know where yer comin from....knew exactly what you were talkin about with the money rub thing.
Was an avid street racer years back.....actually spent almost every single weekend doin it till they yanked my license at 32 points....yep 32.
Decided to do it legal after that.

BTW......if the other dude's really puttin doin 1100........don't race for big cash!!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny Bullet........totally know where yer comin from....knew exactly what you were talkin about with the money rub thing.
Was an avid street racer years back.....actually spent almost every single weekend doin it till they yanked my license at 32 points....yep 32.
Decided to do it legal after that.

BTW......if the other dude's really puttin doin 1100........don't race for big cash!!!!!!!!!!!
You ain't supposed to get caught doin' it, man.
wink.gif

I had you pegged for a street racer though.
beerchug.gif

Back