Me and my busa

I am looking to get me a busa this summer and my family has slight reservations about it but my friends are the ones who are always trying to talk me out of buying one. I guess it's cool because i think it's because they care.

Yep , wife hates the bike . She likes the money I save on gas though ....
wink.gif

Congrats and YES...my family (except for my husband) had reservations...it took some time, some riding with me to see that I'm okay on the motorcycle and that despite its reputation, it's not going to kill you instantly unless you just do something completely stupid!

Now, I know they are fine with my choice...just stay safe, have fun...

And post up some pics of your Busa!
cool.gif

Congrats!!! Welcome to the org.

Now get those pics posted!!!
tounge.gif

Its odd. My wife wanted to talk about my life insurance policy right after she bought the bike for me???

Congrats. I feel your pain. I'm 55, have a daughter, two sons, two step sons, 9 grandkids and I still get lectured by my father for riding! It will not end. Oh well, if they can't handle it too bad!

biggrin.gif

I gotta tell you guys, getting a Busa was actually a pipe dream for me..  I remember hearing about them when they first came out in '98, and almost died when I heard they were gonna have 1300ccs.

At that time I was just praying to get A BIKE, as my family unanimously voted (wife included) that they were "too dangerous" and I didn't need one.  I actually went through Hell to finally get my first bike, an '88 Katana.  Family with a pickup wouldn't even let me borrow the truck to get the thing home!!  Talk about unreal..

It's been one of the biggest challenges in my life to get past ALL of that paranoia with my family.  And now, I own one of the sweetest bikes ever built.  It's been a long road!

BUSAFETT
Webmaster
beforethedarktimes.com

PS: anyone else have that challenge with THEIR family??  if so, can I have some of your Prozac??!!
Well, want to know my DRAG? it is going back to late 60's or early 70's  I saw a 5 year old or 6 year old kid was riding a dirt bike guess it was 50cc...and I was in the elimentary school too... since the first day I saw that? I was in a cheap day dream that can not possibly come true...In korea back then? foreign cars or the bike? especially bike is not for anyone...ordinary kids having a bicycle is already envied by other kids...I had a bicyle but I was dragging my mother first, it took me 2 or 3 years to work on my side, she was still too scary when I said anything about bikes..so I start worked my father until when I finish middle school and the ban law for import autos went kind of soften up little bit...and I finally got my father gave up on me and get me a 1978 yamaha DT 125 and after that got me a YZ250 and went up like hell kept on trading until I got CB750 that was the biggest one in the market after that a CBX I-6 came out but I didn't get that....cuz I went to England after high school...
Man it was near a decade battle field in the house...but you know what? It was well worth it
argue.gif

<!--EDIT|ricebuzz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142338027 -->

Congratulations!  Welcome to the board!  

It took a few years for me to convince (not exactly the right word, because she still doesn't *exactly* approve of it) my wife to let my son get a street bike.  I bought him a dirt bike six years ago and she knew that some day he would want a street bike.

Always talking responsibly about street riding (safety, no wheelie/stoppie/racing talk), taking an MSF course, buying proper riding gear, trying to wipe *some* of the smile off our faces when we get home after a ride (too much fun must be bad right?
wink.gif
 ) seems to have helped reduce some of my wife's apprehension.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if my son gets hurt riding on the street my wife has promised to remove from me a *certain appendage* near and dear to my heart.
wow.gif
  Now, THAT'S RISK!  
sad.gif

Congratulations, They only feel that way because they Love you. Just remember Pray, Pray,Pray. Always pray before riding and thank God when you return. He will watch over you.

Back