mcintosh swingarm

IRDEATH1340

Registered
Can't decide on what swingarm I want, definitely need some input. trying to decide between the alumi street swingarm no underbrace 6-12 over adjustment (has a more bulky look to it that I like) . or the pro arm underbraced (chromoly) at 8-12 over adjustment. both pretty close on price. pros or cons comparing the two strength wise

ive got a possible good deal, wants $850 for a gen 2 alumipro. will it fit a gen 1 if i use all my lowering link parts?

Kevin it bolts up, however the brake caliper hangers are different. I've heard you can switch to a gen 2 caliper and bracket, but I've never done it myself.

I spent a couple months patiently lloking at all aspects before I pulled the trigger on a arm. Ive looked extensively at every option i could fine, hardcore, velocity, mcintosh, canadian mike, evil, trac dyn, thompsons, ect ect. Honestly for the money if you want aluminum, take a good look at trac. If you like the product its hard to beat the price point for aluminum. Also Ive been told that a well built arm shouldnt need underbracing unless you are talking SERIOUS power like sticking 600 to the street. Many have the horses, few can/do use it or use it efficently.

ive got a possible good deal, wants $850 for a gen 2 alumipro. will it fit a gen 1 if i use all my lowering link parts?

Is that new? If so holy crap thats cheap. I will be taking off the 3-9in extensions if you need them in the meantime let me know. Same issues with the brake bracket though. The gen 2 has a small trac built in the arm for the brake to slide into. I would think a gen2 brake caliper should fit your bike and might be worth it for the price of that arm. Might be an opputunity to upgrade the sorry azz rear brake

The financial capacity it would take to construct a motor like that is so far beyond my means that it is mindblowing. Ok, ixnay on the underbracing. That sure saves enough to get a chain and a brake cable.

I strongly disagree Keith you dark3. You don't need 600 to flex an arm. A good 60ft with a low hp bike is enough to make them flex.

No, its not new. Working the deal right now but he told me it was a "newer" chain and sent me a picture and I questioned him and he said, well 8k miles. Stuff like that makes me feel uneasy but I am going to pull the trigger anyway. I guess the shock sleeve and bolt are smaller diameter so I am making him find that stuff first.

I strongly disagree Keith you dark3. You don't need 600 to flex an arm. A good 60ft with a low hp bike is enough to make them flex.
No problem. Your not dissagreeing with me, just the guy that told me that lol. Just what i was told by a reputable swing arm builder. You certainly know better than me brother.

Back