Mcgregor Vs Mayweather

bigoltool

Registered
I really dont like either one of them but there has to be a winner. Im going with Mayweather based on experience, but McGregor is a total wild card here. Who you got?

I'm sorry to say , but its just two poop talking ass clowns both to make a lot of money off the world . Zero Sportsmanship from either or their entourage. There are many a man to wipe the floor with both of them in this world .

40 bucks pay per view down here...reckon if it goes past 5 rounds its Mayweathers...don't think much of either 2.

I'm shocked it went that long but the end result is as I expected it to be. Mayweather fights like a little bitch, hit and run, has never truly fought anyone faster than him. If you could put Macgregor's power on Pacqiou(however it is spelled) then Floyd would have never won that last match!

I'm shocked it went that long but the end result is as I expected it to be. Mayweather fights like a little bitch, hit and run, has never truly fought anyone faster than him. If you could put Macgregor's power on Pacqiou(however it is spelled) then Floyd would have never won that last match!

Went to decision even as Pacciao fought with a fractured wrist. Was close.
Troy

considering mcgregor has NEVER fought in a professional boxing match AND he was fighting the greatest boxer in the history of the world id say he did great! especially for a one-dementional fight.

there is no doubt in anyones mind that if that fight was an MMA fight with MMA rules Mayweather wud have last about 30 seconds -1:00 maybe! and it wud have been OVER! I can guarantee it wud not have last 10 rounds lol

in my mind thats a victory for Mcgregor cause no one thought he wud last that long. omg did u see Mayweather thro punches tho lmao. he really fights like a little bitch. Mayweather wud have literally been embarrassed in a real fight (Real meaning MMA).

Agreed...2 totally different fighting styles. If that had been an mma fight there is no way he would have lasted 30 seconds.

I think this fight was about reviving the boxing industry. I remember when the big fight was a national obsession. But a long string of average personalities, weak opponents and questionable ethics has boxing down for the 8 count. Ali was great because he fought the greats, sometimes losing and sometimes winning. The rise of MMA has basically made boxing a third rate side show full of slick managers willing to exploit anything. This match was engineered to show that boxers are superior to the street brawlers of MMA and get back some of the lost integrity boxing has suffered from it's move to staged bouts and events.

I think both fighters did their jobs here. McGregor lasted 10 rounds with the best fighter in the world. Mayweather made a big last payday and showed that a slower, older boxer could beat an MMA guy, even if it was on his home court. So will this stunt work? I think not. MMA is exciting and brutal. It's a made for TV style of event, but still raw and bloody. It's not tricky or hard to score like boxing. Boxing is just not in the same class as MMA as far as a show. Who's the best fighters? Probably a toss up. If a great boxer had trained all their career as a MMA fighter, they probably would be amazing. And no doubt there are MMA fighters that could climb the ranks in pro boxing. But people want a show, and MMA KO's boxing on this aspect hands down. Besides, Mayweather is out, so who follows up with a bout anyone even cares about?

I think you have a fundamental misunderstand of Boxing and MMA. Boxing also comes in the form of Kick-Boxing. Professional sport with rules. MMA fighter are superior to ANY Boxer on the planet. even an average Professional kick-boxer wud have destroyed Mayweather.

The MMA fighter has to be skilled in Boxing, Judo, Karate, Tae kwon do, Muay Thai, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, Kick-Boxing, Grappling, wrestling and has to watch out for knees and elbows AND has to defend against the take down. its hardly a made for TV event. MMA fighters are some of the most skilled athletes on the planet!

The Boxer does NONE of that other then stand and Box. Fighters have many tools at their disposal and boxing only incorporates ONE of those tools. MMA has surpassed boxing for many reason but the main reason is Boxing is BORING! guys fight for 15 rounds and don't even have as much as a shiner smh. Watching Boxing is like watching a Hollywood movie where the guy punches the other guy in the face 20 times and has no marks on him.

your top MMA fighters in history for the most part have a wresting back ground cause thats where all fights end up. Even Mike Tyson wud not last 1 minute against a skilled MMA fighter. Randy Couture fought a world class boxer named James Tony (77-10 with 47 Knockouts!) who would absolutely destroy Mayweather and he lasted all of 1:29 seconds against a good MMA fighter!

I think this fight was about reviving the boxing industry. I remember when the big fight was a national obsession. But a long string of average personalities, weak opponents and questionable ethics has boxing down for the 8 count. Ali was great because he fought the greats, sometimes losing and sometimes winning. The rise of MMA has basically made boxing a third rate side show full of slick managers willing to exploit anything. This match was engineered to show that boxers are superior to the street brawlers of MMA and get back some of the lost integrity boxing has suffered from it's move to staged bouts and events.

I think both fighters did their jobs here. McGregor lasted 10 rounds with the best fighter in the world. Mayweather made a big last payday and showed that a slower, older boxer could beat an MMA guy, even if it was on his home court. So will this stunt work? I think not. MMA is exciting and brutal. It's a made for TV style of event, but still raw and bloody. It's not tricky or hard to score like boxing. Boxing is just not in the same class as MMA as far as a show. Who's the best fighters? Probably a toss up. If a great boxer had trained all their career as a MMA fighter, they probably would be amazing. And no doubt there are MMA fighters that could climb the ranks in pro boxing. But people want a show, and MMA KO's boxing on this aspect hands down. Besides, Mayweather is out, so who follows up with a bout anyone even cares about?

We bought the fight, had a full house to watch and I don't think anyone was disappointed. Most were pulling for McGregor because he was the underdog, but that it went 10 rounds was a plus. Entertaining for certain, which as you alluded to was likely why this was even a thing - to revive the interest. I really miss the big fights, the hype. I miss the great undercard fights too (anyone remember Butterbean?) - we were spoiled years ago with up-and-coming talent that we'd see over and over before the main events. I didn't see much of that Saturday night, but perhaps I've stepped away from the sport for too long and have lost touch with who's who now.

Our local (Norfolk) egomaniac, Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker, always entertaining. I was a huge LaHoya fan. Prince Naseem Hamed and his beyond-grand entrances before every bout, but the heavyweight title fights were always my fav - Lewis v Klitschko, Lewis v Holyfield, every fight with Tyson. It seems like we don't have that hype anymore, but perhaps it'll make a comeback. I didn't realize how much I miss watching the fights until this one, so perhaps we'll get more excitement post Mayweather v McGregor.

GNBRETT you misunderstood what I said. I said that if the best pro boxers were trained as MMA fighters some would be great. I think it's a given these guys all have the basic physical tools to do any type of fighting. But without years of training and experience you aren't going to be competitive. Obviously these are all different sports and one sport will benefit a specific athlete's skillset more than another.

Back