~~maybe next project?~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

As stated in an earlier post I ran across one of these a little while back. Not sure which model but was told a 1974.

Thinking about it it might be a 1973 Commando Roadster. I'll go look at it again next week. Bike is complete with 2600 miles. Yup. 2600 miles. Sat for 20 years so it would be a ground up take several years type of thing.

Give me some feedback! I can buy it cheap too!

vad_machineofyear.jpg

I like those old bikes,its amazing what riders put up with back then with their bikes.

Agreed! I owned a couple of Triumph Bonnevilles in my day.

I have two things I am pondering.

1) Buy it a do nothing to it but resale in another 10 years. Comes with extra frame and parts also.

2) Make it new and keep it. 2 or 3 year project bike.

Strongly considering option one. I can pick it up cheap and the parts are worth four times the price. Bike is completly stock too! Nothing changed or altered in any way, shape or form.

I'll get some pictures next week. This, I believe, is the bike.

vad_historical_33.jpg

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 09 2006,17:51) Sounds like it would be a fun project with a great reward.  
cool.gif
yes it would but..it gets real expensive. 20 years of sitting would mean a complete rebuild of engine and bike.

Thinking hard on this one. With the money spent I could just pick up a new Triumph Daytona 675!

laugh.gif

(runeight @ Sep. 09 2006,20:55)
(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 09 2006,17:51) Sounds like it would be a fun project with a great reward.  
cool.gif
yes it would but..it gets real expensive. 20 years of sitting would mean a complete rebuild of engine and bike.

Thinking hard on this one. With the money spent I could just pick up a new Triumph Daytona 675!

laugh.gif
Great feeling of accopmlishment or instant satisfaction?
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 09 2006,17:59)
(runeight @ Sep. 09 2006,20:55)
cool.gif

laugh.gif
Great feeling of accopmlishment or instant satisfaction?
rock.gif

rock.gif
the first part would be the best..

Great feeling of accopmlishment.

vintage_17.jpg

rock.gif

Back