Maybe Al Gore was right.

I did the right things for the wrong reasons...  I moved closer to work to save fuel/time and ultimately money.. (and money was the reason, not conservation)  But the overall effects are pretty dramatic when you add it up over the year/s...  it was like getting a pay raise = to almost 2 months salary...
Same here. I ride a scooter to work every day, laying down 2 stroke emmisions but saving a bunch of money, and I do this despite my leaning towards hugging trees on the political spectrum. Does the end justify the means? It's a toss up...

Problem with the scientific method is the scientists believe something is true then set out to "prove" it.  You can find some emperical evidence to support just about any position.  So of course, their conclusions are going to favor their preconceived belief.  If science were as black and white as the scientists want everyone to believe it is, there wouldn't be scientists arguing with each other about it.
I will still put more credence in scientist's educated guesses, if you will, than the politically tinged opinions of us lowly motorcyclists
smile.gif
Your missing the point here. Some scientists say it is real and some say it is not. So there are opinions in the scientific community on both sides. So when you say you trust their educated "guesses", which scientists do you trust? I don't want the answer by the way, I am only asking the question to point out just what is being said. And I hope I have not confused you more.
whistling.gif

Problem with the scientific method is the scientists believe something is true then set out to "prove" it.  You can find some emperical evidence to support just about any position.  So of course, their conclusions are going to favor their preconceived belief.  If science were as black and white as the scientists want everyone to believe it is, there wouldn't be scientists arguing with each other about it.
I will still put more credence in scientist's educated guesses, if you will, than the politically tinged opinions of us lowly motorcyclists
smile.gif
Hey what about us Motorcyclists who ARE scientists??

well okay I'm not a meteorologist... but I am fond of the Scientific Method!
banana.gif

Your missing the point here. Some scientists say it is real and some say it is not. So there are opinions in the scientific community on both sides. So when you say you trust their educated "guesses", which scientists do you trust? I don't want the answer by the way, I am only asking the question to point out just what is being said. And I hope I have not confused you more.
whistling.gif
First of all, the first word in your post should be the hyphenated you're rather than 'your'. I say this as the org.'s official grammar police  
cool.gif
. Secondly, I was merely stating that I believe a scientist's opinion on something scientific over a guy that is most possibly a great guy but still just a guy on a motorcycle forum....generally speaking  . I do not have an opinion on global warming...I don't know enough about it, and yes, I understand that there are different opinions within the scientific community. Gosh you have to explain everything to these guys that move from Los Angeles to Indy LOL. J/K BTW
smile.gif

First of all, the first word in your post should be the hyphenated you're rather than 'your'. I say this as the org.'s official grammar police  
cool.gif
When you want to quote, you use quotation marks rather than apostrophies by the way. Hate it when the "Grammer Police" screw up too.

Quotation Mark = "
Apostrophy = '

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I can never get that "your" and "you're" correct when I am typing fast, dang it!

Can you imagine a Conservative Christian living in LA?
rock.gif
Actually loved my time in "La La Land", just hated being so far from my kids.

laugh.gif

rock.gif
I'm transplanted from L.A. too....miss it just about every day, but it sure is a lot cheaper to buy real estate here. I guess you get what you pay for....I remember some conservative Christians there....at the airport, trying to give me licorice or inscents if I remember right LOL

rock.gif
I'm transplanted from L.A. too....miss it just about every day, but it sure is a lot cheaper to buy real estate here. I guess you get what you pay for....I remember some conservative Christians there....at the airport, trying to give me licorice or inscents if I remember right LOL
Are you referring to "Inscence"
rock.gif
? Perhaps if you would have taken them and given a donation we could have afforded to stay. J/K...no donation needed..
laugh.gif

I know just what you mean by affordable in the midwest. I looked at a Town Home similiar to the one I own in Indy, just about 300 sq ft smaller than mine, in a less than desirable area (Downey), and they wanted $996K for it without upgrades! What I have in the midwest is worth just over $200K and has all of the upgrades! I don't know how people do it out there. I had a 900 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment that rented for $2300.00 per month and I felt pretty good about it. I got a notice when I decided to move back that the rent was going up to $2500.00 per month if I wanted to renew my lease. I got a raise by just moving back to the midwest! And I know your (got it right, YIPPIE) town very well. Was a time I was there at least once a month seeing clients.

rock.gif

I lost me tilda key....
Common, tell the truth Randy. You sold it to buy those awesome new wheels!
naw... the new "Corbin" rear w/backrest  
laugh.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=49;t=97818;hl=  
whistling.gif
Keep the allen wrench for the Back Rest with you when it is on the bike. You will need to tighten it on a regular basis. Mine comes lose all of the time. PITA for sure but GF loved it!

smile.gif
Hey what about us Motorcyclists who ARE scientists??

well okay I'm not a meteorologist... but I am fond of the Scientific Method!
banana.gif
I was in research and development before becoming an engineer.  I have more mathematics and science credits than anyone should have to ever suffer through.  I too worshiped at the alter of the Scientific Method for more than a decade.  I've figured out a few things since then. I too am getting to be as old as dirt.

after seeing some of the "scientific method" and how it has been used... I am part of the new method... "The Coin Toss"

Back