May not be able to get another bike

dezzy7

Registered
Man I've been talking to insurance companies including state farm. Because I've had 2 bikes stolen in the last five years and an auto accident over 3 years ago the local insurance companies are telling me "IF" they can insure me its gonna cost about $2300 a year
sad.gif

Thieves suck
mad.gif

If it doesn't get any better I may have to take a sabbatical to the 4-wheelers for awhile

My only choice may be to buy a used cruiser and just keep liability on it for the next couple of years
sad.gif

Man sometimes life kinda sucks

Damn Dez, I hate to hear that chit.
sad.gif
Just wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Brian

damn Dezzy, that sux. Get something cheap that you can just pay for and see what they'll cover you for with that. Maybe liability + theft but not comp. ? Have you looked at insuring it somewhere other than Durham? I hear where you will have the bike plays a bit into the rates as well
rock.gif

Dezzy, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Things like this just does not seem fair/right, I hope you will find a way to get back on the busa. I'll put a prayer in for you.

I hope something will work out. That is trrible that you suffr bcause of some azzhole that took your bike.

That does suck, Dez! It's terrible that you have to suffer because some a$$ decided you had something they wanted! Good luck on your decision!

Dezzy, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Things like this just does not seem fair/right, I hope you will find a way to get back on the busa. I'll put a prayer in for you.
Ok your prayer must have worked. I called my old insurance company Farm Bereau and they gave me a $1000yr quote on a $7500 bike which would probably mean 02 or older... But i've pretty much decided I'm just gonna pat for what I want straight out even if i have to wait till winter to get it and then just pay liability insurance. And save the balance of comp and collision in an emergency fund. After serious thought I just couldn't see myself on a cruiser.. and definitely couldn't see myself with a bike... nd anything less than a busa would have been a heartache whenever i looked at it...

Just gotta find the right bike aftr the insurance company finally settles.

Still crying over here for you Dez... I hope it never happens to me, but some things may be inevitable...
sad.gif

Hope it all works out Dez. And for the record, I have my '03 40th Busa on eBay with an $8500 reserve.

Not trying to push my bike (ok maybe I am) but hope it all works out. I have never had a bike stolen (knock on wood) so I am lucky.

BUY A BUSA WITH ENOUGH DOWN SO THAT ITS UNDER 10G, AND YOU WONT HAVE TO CARRY FULL ONLY WHAT THE STATE YOU LIVE IN REQUIRES. i WENT WITH BASIC PLUS THEFT FOR 377 PER YEAR.. NOT TO SHABBY... JUST LOOK AROUND AND SUZUKI IS HAVING A 99 DOLLARS A MONTH FINANCING PLAN FOR 5 YEARS WITH A BALLON PAYMENT AT THE END... OR YOU CAN PAY274 PER MONTH AND PAY IT OFF IN 39 MONTHS.. EITHER WAY ITS PRETTY AFFORDABLE.. OR YOU CAN BE SMART AND JUST DUMP 5 GRAND DOWN LIKE ME AND PAY IT OFF IN 24 MONTHS.. LOT OF DIFFERENT CHOICES OUT THERE.. JUST PICK THE SITUATION THAT FITS YOUR BUDGET BEST AND HAVE FUN..

Back