Maxton April event

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
What a weekend. I was glad to witness the 5 year standing track record of 261mph fall. It was bumped up not once but twice in the same day!!!

Saturday was filled with 256-258 passes. Then on Sunday Shane blasted a 264 pass that was just incredible. The long standing record had finally switched hands. :bowdown:

Less than an hour later Wild Bill made what seemed to be another good pass but it didn't sound like much of an improvement. Everyone huddled around the cb's and the announcement came... "272.####!" Everyone at the starting line exploded in cheer. It was an incredible moment.

Congratulations to both Shane and Wild Bill for throwing it down and being such great competitors within the sport.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

P4116714.jpg

P4116741.jpg

WildBros1.jpg

very nice...:bowdown:

Two turbos I saw over the weekend could not break 200 ?
I saw a normal all motor basically stock genII busa run as fast as them at 199.8.

:bowdown: Wonderful event to experience.

Congratulations Shane and Bill :beerchug:

Notice the front fender...I heard they had to pick up a cone or two in the curve at the shut down (that has got to be an amazing experience and very different when slowing down just the same)

Very nice runs fellas~!~

Last edited:
Yup on his shut down Bill didn't like the placement of the cones and decided to move them on his own. One cone was shattered and a few others were tossed into the field. Bill stayed in control and now just needs to recreate the lower fairing, replace the front fender, fix/replace the dump pipe. The oil filter also took some of the hit but luckily stayed intact.

P4116744.jpg

Congrats Bill. Thats sick...272 mph on an open wheeled bike doesn't even seem possible if you look at the math. I'm only guessing at the CdA of the bodywork, but the motor must be making well over 500 HP. More impressively you need to be generating almost 700 lbs of force at the rear tire to overcome drag and accelerate to that speed. how do you do that on patchy non-prepped concrete and not spin? Amazing.

You shoulda' been there.. I thought you might make the event.

Bill runs a fatty :laugh: 240 rear tire but I think it's his aero's doing the job. :thumbsup:

P4116719.jpg

:beerchug:That was a heck of a run by the two of them. Congrats. That Just reset the standard of fast. Im betting in Loring that the speeds are 280+ And that just made me go back to the drawing board for my build. This is a whole new level of speed. Thank for showing us the picks Ken. Was a fun weekend.

wow i was looking at bst's site and seen this.

thats the people that make the osd kits.

KOSMAN SPECIALTIES ordered and received from BST several shipments of wheels which were never paid for. Kosman Specialties sold the wheels but failed to pay BST. BST supplied the wheels on the promise of payment, and shipped them in good faith. BST even paid for the shipping costs in advance and was never repaid! The Serial Numbers are:

Suzuki GSXR Fronts 1681, 2306, 2307, 2308, 2309, 2314, 2437, 2459, 2461, 1577
Suzuki GSXR 6.625" Rears 038, 043, 048, 030, 041, 050
Suzuki GSXR 6.25" Rears 004, 005, 006, 055
Kawasaki ZX14 Fronts 2326
Kawasaki ZX14 6.25" Rears XDM004
Kawasaki ZX14 6.625" Rears 053

"at one point data logging a rear-wheel speed over 308 mph as the tire spun trying to harness more than 600 horsepower."

wheelspin sucks even when someone has a 240 and uses a tire warmer. :laugh:

Does that make it the fastest burnout? :evil2:

"at one point data logging a rear-wheel speed over 308 mph as the tire spun trying to harness more than 600 horsepower."

If he had enough gearing to spin the tire at that speed, can you immagine the gearing? Something like 20 / 31 or so.

Truly amazing.

wow just wow....... how did the tire even stand up to that kind of treatment? and what gear do you need for that?

can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings

Back