Maximum off road fun today!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Since I acquired a Honda CRF 250R and Scott (Isiahstites) got his Yamaha YZ 250, this morning was the 2nd time we went into the Nevada backcountry. OMG! Milis and miles of the most amazing and challenging terrain I've ever seen. Trails that take you many miles from civilization, over summit after summit...higher and higher. My old dirtbike skills are slowly coming back and I've forgotten how great it feels to powerslide a berm! I also never realized how incredible these new MXer's handle in really mixed/rocky/soft/steep/whooped out stuff. Today was as fun as a track day when you add in the exploring and low costs of trail riding.

Anyways, below are random pics (whenever I stopped and could reach for my camera back in the Camelback). Know two things....there were MANY awesome moments that didn't get photographed, and the pics don't illustrate just how steep the trail was, a couple of shots show that we had to "hike a bike" because of steepness and giant rocks. That's when 215 pound bikes really show their worth! What an exciting and intense new category of motorcycling that's opened up for me, I sure recommend it for all! Doyle

IMG_0010 (9).jpg

IMG_0011 (9).jpg

IMG_0013 (9).jpg

IMG_0015 (9).jpg

IMG_0019 (9).jpg

IMG_0023 (9).jpg

IMG_0026 (8).jpg

IMG_0029 (8).jpg

IMG_0031 (6).jpg

IMG_0017 (8).jpg

IMG_0020 (9).jpg

IMG_0014 (9).jpg

IMG_0028 (8).jpg

IMG_0030 (7).jpg

Looks like you had a blast!! :thumbsup: I was just telling a friend a couple of days ago how much I miss dirt bikes(that's what I grew up with). I just don't think It would be as fun in Florida and I don't have a partner either. Glad you guys had fun and made it home safe(but sore I'm sure).

Looks like you had a blast!! :thumbsup: I was just telling a friend a couple of days ago how much I miss dirt bikes(that's what I grew up with). I just don't think It would be as fun in Florida and I don't have a partner either. Glad you guys had fun and made it home safe(but sore I'm sure).

You are absolutely right.....Florida has many attributes but amazing unused miles of mountain ranges is not one of em! Back country Nevada seems to never end. And 10-4 on a riding partner, you don't want to crash in a deep canyon 25 miles from the next human!

Dirt bikes are a great fun time. I'm in the woods way more these days than I'm on the street. Terrain is a lot different here in the Ozarks than the desert there though. Dunlop D803 trials tires on the rear are common items to deal with the greasy wet slick rock and ledges, and a good set of bark busters are a must amongst the trees.
My gear bag is packed and bike is on the truck. Be meeting a couple buddies and heading out early in the morning.:thumbsup:

Love the bush. That looks like cool terrain. My nephew and I ride trials bikes. (GasGas 280's) We can make it up stuff you couldn't even walk or crawl up.

We are taking the year off thou. Bummer.

I'd love to do me some desert riding. :thumbsup: Looks sweet out there.

RSD.

trials a.jpg

What a great day we had! How lucky are we that we both have very similar riding styles and skills, whether on a busa or a dirt bike. It's a pleasure riding with you Doyle.

Thanks Scott....now if I could just get you to stop from sitting on our dirtbikes in canyons, looking up at some mountain peak then saying, "let's go up there" (while pointing). You know I'm a lot older than you and it takes me longer to heal!
Seriously though, what great fun. Doyle

Thanks Scott....now if I could just get you to stop from sitting on our dirtbikes in canyons, looking up at some mountain peak then saying, "let's go up there" (while pointing). You know I'm a lot older than you and it takes me longer to heal!
Seriously though, what great fun. Doyle

Just don't crash

I love to watch trials competition. So much skill required and amazing rider abilities. Too bad they don't have that in the X-Games.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I remember when I was young my brother and I had a bike like that. We stayed on the trails. It was so much fun

Back