maximum acceleration...

(extreemachine @ Sep. 11 2006,22:13) You stretched that bad boy a ways. I bet the front is planted all the time!! Bike looks great!!
thanks ,yes its planted pretty good , still gets up a little on the juice
all_coholic.gif
but nothing to make you feel uncomfortable

(smokin_gunz @ Sep. 11 2006,21:18) lean forward?...mannn i sit up ON the tank.

i think i have to roll on the throttle quicker.
Rolling on quick is good, as long as you're smooth. Jerking the throttle open will bring it up.

It doesn't hurt to deliberatly practice on bringing the front up a few inches.This way you know what it feels like and ya wont panic when it happens!
You have a bike with serious power gunz so IMO,learn how to control it under heavy acceleration.It may be the difference of saving your life some day.

Believe me,when I first got mine back in December,I was petrified of the machine,but learned (and still learning) on taming her.
I now deliberatly power the front up cause of my new addiction....
tounge.gif

dont be skeeerd of the bike man. a busa doesnt wheelie bad like most ppl would would have you believe. i mean if your in 1st gear cruising and pull on the throttle hard enough, yes its going to power wheelie but you're not driving down the highwya im sure in 1st. every other gear, you would have to pop the clutch to get it to wheelie unless maybe you doin 10k in 5th and quicky downshift to 3rd which if you ask me, is the same as popping the clutch, just more aggressive.

anyways if you on the highway you prolly in 5th or 6th gear. just downshift it one gear and give it a little throttle. its not going to come up. if you're doing under 5k, then you may want to downshift 2 gears to give you the rpms to speed up you're mph quickly.

all you really need to do i get out on a straight road with no traffic and practice what i told you. it should come naturally.

nice weather today. will try a litte later on a perfect road.

i like 0-60/80. i'm not a top end sustained speed type of guy. 0-60 is 2.3 seconds on this bike if i'm correct. i'm prolly doing it in 5 seconds.

sad.gif

should i be shifting into second to atain this speed time [ 0-60/80 ] or is this done in first gear?
rock.gif

0-60 is a 1st-gear affair, dawg. IF done properly, you will be around 80-90 coming out (im @ like 70-something becuz I run 16/42) but dont watch your speedo-just keep an eye on Tach needle.

Id be VERY careful 'testing the waters' bro-the bike is a monster in first even bone stock. Get used to power-wheelies in first (twist hard when you're rollin at like 5k in first JUST FOR A SECOND, and let off) when you feel okay getn front wheel off the ground a bit and stayin straight for the landing, then try some more hard twists in second (on a freeway on-ramp where there's no traffic, or abandoned wharehouse district) and get used to pulling hard from 6k in 2nd-then you're ready for 3rd, and so on...take your time tho!

otherwise you'll end up watching your busa wheelie away from you on the rear tire before falling flat on its' face
sad.gif

Yes, the bike can get away from you very quickly, but not on one wheel. I would say that the busa requires more skill to get the front wheel up. I seriously doubt that a newbie would be able to lift the wheel more than a couple of inches, no matter what you tried.

Having said that, be careful. When you do get on the throttle, it'll get you out of the way quick.... and right into the back of someone in front of you.

Paul

Power wheelies can be fun, when you want them. I had front end up other day passing an idiot in a cage. Just wanted to get by quick, not stunt.  
Didn't notice front wheel was up until it touched down. but, then it was too late...  
wow.gif

Took a bunch of miles to get rid of the  
jump9.gif
laugh.gif

Like I say,find a place to practice getting your front end feeling light in 1st gear.dont try to do it all in one day.Unless you want to extend your swingarm,ripping it outta 1st gear will want to bring up the front end. Unless you can feather the clutch a bit,not sure what else.
I practice all the time just cause I'm addicted,but at least if you do it enough,it wont be a big surprise to give you a stroke!
If I can do it,anyone can do it...remember,I wuz Hardley Boy too!!!
tounge.gif

HOOO RAAHHHH! just got back from "takin' back a dvd" ...

tucked in and rolled a lil quicker on the throttle...mannnnn oh man!!!!!

just in first, but it was great!

Don't drop the clutch, or crank the throttle real hard, just roll it quickly and smoothly. And practice practice practice.

like everyone said, quick and smooth. And you can short shift into 2nd or 3rd. Remember your bike has Gobs and Gobs of Torque. Makes these types of situations real nice since your power is always there.
cool.gif

nice and smooth worked good on last nights run.

short shift...hmmm....was doing that on standard riding from a stop when first got her. will try that with a smooth faster roll now. carefully of course.

thanks

So are you saying that you got the front end up a bit or are you saying that you took off from stand still like a bat outta hell and kept the front end down better.

Excuse me for not understanding,,,sometimes I feel like one of Jerry's kids...

took off like a bat outta hell. will practice this more.

mann i'm the doohdahdooo poster child.

Back