Max MPG??

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
I've discovered two things about the MPG gauge on our Hayabusa's.

1. They are very accurate

I reset the first trip odometer every fill up and just let the second go for several months. It matches up perfectly with my fuelly.com account.

2. They top out at 50 MPG

Getting it on 50 is easy enough (keeping it there isn't) but no matter what I've tried I cannot get it over 50. Has anybody else been able to?? ???

I would love to get 50mpg. I get 40mpg but I do have +3 on the rear and PCV mapped a little on the rich side. Oh, and sometimes I like to accelerate quickly. :laugh:

I do have a speedohealer so my mpgs seem pretty accurate.

I've discovered two things about the MPG gauge on our Hayabusa's.

1. They are very accurate

I reset the first trip odometer every fill up and just let the second go for several months. It matches up perfectly with my fuelly.com account.

2. They top out at 50 MPG

Getting it on 50 is easy enough (keeping it there isn't) but no matter what I've tried I cannot get it over 50. Has anybody else been able to?? ???

I have been building my 2011 Hayabusa so do not have any time on it yet. Please explain what you mean by MPG gage on the Hayabusa. Do you mean the odometer/tripometer or is there a system built into the speedometer to displaying MPG?

I'm topping out at about 52 mpg.

But average seems to be 45-48 with normal riding. I'm -1 down in the rear, but some members here have gone as much as -3 down in the rear to push the mileage .

The -1 down in the rear got me over 50 mpg, I'm doing Iron Butt riding on this bike so I need every extra mile. The 52 was very steady speed all day in the desert running 65-80 mph during the Saddlesore 1000 ride and, my longest leg between gas stations was 260 miles between fillups non-stop. Love this bike.

7997940923_58f102f944_o.jpg

Mine is super accurate. I remember my Triumph telling me "You're getting 40mpg" and I was getting 28. This sucker though "You're getting 32mpg" and son of a b, it's right!

Gen 1 had mpg gauge built in. the gen II does not, you have to figure it. The best I have gotten on a long trip is 63 on a gen II :cheerleader:

Just did 970 miles last weekend, and got 50mpg the entire trip that was 970 GPS miles...

I am averaging 38mpg with a mix of city and highway riding.
At the dragstrip, I am still getting 34mpg.

Last rough check was a decent pace ride through the sierras. All back roads and I got about 100 miles out of 2.5 gallons

Back