max boost with water injection

busa2001

Registered
How much boost are you guys running with water injection? currently running 15 lbs at 30 degrees, what are you guys running?

Dang, haven’t seen one of those in years.

Running straight water doesn’t do anything for controlling iat’s. In fact it hurts HP.

Thing is, there’s no boost threshold when spraying full meth or water/meth mix. As long as you’re spraying enough to support the hp you’re making and keeping iats at a safe level the sky’s the limit.

It’s common in the car world to spray meth to make up for fuel system limits. Say the fuel system Is maxed out at 800hp. You can increase the amount of meth being sprayed to the point that the meth is what’s fueling the engine, and press on making more power over the 800hp fuel system limits.

AFR is 11.3:1 under boost, What would you suggest? I log all my rides and check tune after each, motor is fully built low compression. I ran it last year at 19LBS, with 4 degrees pulled....this year i went back to 30 degrees at 15LBS.

Straight water is pretty much useless. Water/meth (boost juice) is safe for 15lbs.

Thing is you can’t really tune meth properly without getting intake temps.

I’ve made made just shy of 500hp on pump fuel, non intercooled. The bike had a stand alone ecu, and aem progressive system on it. It’s been running for years now, and raced regularly.

Again the sky’s the limit, just need the right tools to tune meth properly.

And I keep the AFR at 11.3:1, because I noticed that on cool early morning rides it leans out I tiny bit... just trying to plan it safe.

Back