Max boost on 8 to 1 compression?

69ls1

Registered
What is the max safe boost for an 8 to 1 engine on 92-93 pump gas with no intercooler?

Thanks.

I'm running 10-11 psi with 8 to one, still safe according to the data recorder could maybe go another 1-2 psi but with stock injectors it will run out of fuel, with S-2000s you could go to possably 16-18 psi with a custom map done for short squrts or for a drag race setup. you can not run the high boost for long runs without intercooler and/or race gas

With the 8 to 1 compression do you guys notice any real loss of power when street riding and not in boost? What kind of power are you making at 10-11 pounds of boost?

Thanks.

I also have a set of the S2000 injectors that I will be putting in when I have the bike retuned at HPC.

(69ls1 @ Oct. 03 2007,10:59) With the 8 to 1 compression do you guys notice any real loss of power when street riding and not in boost? What kind of power are you making at 10-11 pounds of boost?

Thanks.
Loss of compression hurts, but it doesn't hurt that much if you ask me... I got a 20/40 sprocket combo and she is a little doggish off boost, but I am running a 20 in the front, so I am not sure I can really blame that on the bike...

I had a 16/40 setup when I first built her and I thought she had plenty of umph.....

I would run some type of intake cooler for safety on those long boost runs and plus you will be able to run a few more pounds of boost safely... If you don't want to go through the hassel of intercooler, you could go wet injection, although you have to refill the tank once a ride with ice water, it is not that big of a deal and saves space and heartache from doing the intercooler. (The intercooler works better, but wet injection works great too.)

I run 16 psi on pump gas with 8.5:1 on one engine, and 8.0:1 on another engine, never had a problem. Granted, thats with an air-to-air intercooler and boost-switch ignition retarding. I've done 18psi with the same setup, but it made me nervous

Back