Matching Factory Speedo Calibration

STevoVIII

Registered
Hey guys,

I've been playing around with my stock busa and I think I want to gear, for two reasons at that.

1. I want to match the gearing to speedometer calibration, the margin of error for the factory set up annoys me!
2. I wouldn't mind a bit more pep!

I was curious as to if going down 1 in the front, or going up how many in the rear would closely match the factory settings. I have an extra -1 front sprocket, so if I could do this and not rack up unnecessary miles and be far off from my speedo calibration that'd be perfect. To be honest, I'm kind of trying to avoid buying a speedo healer etc. I had one on my previous bike, I'm just not looking to spend that much money or gear it to the moon like I did my last bike.

I remember there being a final drive guide with sprockets on here but couldn't find it. But yea, if anyone knows what combination would match the factory speed correction I'd be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys!

i believe to make your speedometer read correctly you would actually have to go +1 in the front or -3 in the back...this is going the wrong way to "pep" the bike up but is great for touring/high speed set-ups :beerchug:

HAHA it's late, I need to put down the books and think before I type. It's not my first rodeo and I've geared pretty much everything I've owned, not sure where this theory of mine came from.

Thanks Semi

HAHA it's late, I need to put down the books and think before I type. It's not my first rodeo and I've geared pretty much everything I've owned, not sure where this theory of mine came from.

Thanks Semi

no problem, i do the same thing in the middle of the day all the time (since i work the midnight shift) :laugh:

On my Gen I I went down two on the rear and corrected the speedo somewhat. The faster you went the greater a tiny error became, but it was dead on at normal speeds. Of course this made the bike a little sluggish and to my disappointment did not increase my top speed runs :laugh:

My Gen II seems to be dead on for some reason :dunno:

Gear it the way you want it, then get a speedo healer. I have my speedo healer set for +1/0 and -1/+2 because that's the gearing I run on the street and track.

Thanks Semi

I was about to say.... this is something I would expect you to know haha :whistle:

It was late. I've got a drag bike I need to focus on, I need to quit playing with my street bike haha.

Justin, can you pm me a price for 4 caliper bolts for an 08 busa? I've got 08 forks and brakes on my drag bike and need a way to affix them so haha

Back