Master link install

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Can one of you guys give me some info on how to install the master link for a RK530XSO chain. The link that came with it is the non clip type and I have never used this type before.
If possible I need a "How to" or a web link to go to for the instructions...

Thanks in advance,

David

Call Daniel at Cloud Nine or Charles at streetnTrack. They can hook you up with one from Motion Pro for cheap.

I just installed my EK ZZZ 530 chain with a $12 Motion pro rivet tool last weekend.

cloud9.gif

Just use a dremel cutoff wheel to remove the old link !
DSC02483.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel, if your still awake Pm me and let me know whats available...

David

Hey Rhythm, how did you flare the rivet ends after using the press? I have that little press but don't know how I am gonna flare the rivet end to hold the link on. Can you help me out?

Hey Rhythm, how did you flare the rivet ends after using the press?  I have that little press but don't know how I am gonna flare the rivet end to hold the link on.  Can you help me out?
It's automatic, just press it on with the tool and voila.

Call Daniel at Cloud Nine or Charles at streetnTrack. They can hook you up with one from Motion Pro for cheap.

I just installed my EK ZZZ 530 chain with a $12 Motion pro rivet tool last weekend.

cloud9.gif

track.gif

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg
Dayum pimp you me to send you some of my employees to help you wash that thang? [

Hey Rhythm, how did you flare the rivet ends after using the press?  I have that little press but don't know how I am gonna flare the rivet end to hold the link on.  Can you help me out?
It's automatic, just press it on with the tool and voila.
I thought you had to flare out the hollow ends of the link to hol it in place. Seems like it has the chance to come off if you don't.

I think the tool does both at the same time. It press's it together and also flares the pins too. Looks like a nice little tool, better than mine.

Its just a flat piece wit a groove in it to allow the link pins to come through. How does that flare the ends? Sorry if I am just being retarded but I like all the info I can get.

dood. Just spring for the right tool. Pro Motion jumbo. $107 tyd. Nothing beats having the right tool, the expense is worth evey bit of the pain experienced with the wrong stuff. DO NOT OVER FLARE and crack the rivets. The outside plate is a super tight, press on fit to begin with. DO NOT press it on too far or you will have a bind point or tight spot in the chain. The rivets need to be flared just enough to be larger then the holes in the side plate. Even with the jumbo, still need to grind off the exsisting rivet head with your dremel tool when breaking it down. Start to finish with the right tools, 15 minutes. No beers required.

I am waiting for a price with shipping and delivery time...
I'm going to buy the All in one Kit with all the chain tools needed...
Breaker, press and riviter...
I don't want to have to worry about the Master link when I am in the top of 4th gear and spraying at the track...

David

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143487020 -->

dood. Just spring for the right tool. Pro Motion jumbo. $107 tyd. Nothing beats having the right tool, the expense is worth evey bit of the pain experienced with the wrong stuff. DO NOT OVER FLARE and crack the rivets. The outside plate is a super tight, press on fit to begin with. DO NOT press it on too far or you will have a bind point or tight spot in the chain. The rivets need to be flared just enough to be larger then the holes in the side plate. Even with the jumbo, still need to grind off the exsisting rivet head with your dremel tool when breaking it down. Start to finish with the right tools, 15 minutes. No beers required.
So your saying I dont have the right tool ? Well you might wanna tell Charles (StreetnTrack) he sell bullshid tools too.

Theres no need to spend the extra money  buying unnecessary tools when you have them onhand. Since I already have a dremel, I just used it to cut the chain off and it will get more uses around my garage verses a chain breaker.

If you have any question to how exactly this tool sets the master link talk to Charles at StreetnTrack for more a informative answer.

$12 chain riveter from StreetnTrack and a $60 dremel tool I can use for alot of other shid around the house for a total price under $72. No brainer there !
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143490301 -->

cloud9.gif

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg
Dayum pimp you me to send you some of my employees to help you wash that thang?
laugh.gif
Yeah Gunny-B I can always use the extra hands. I also have a couple of rocks out back that need painting too.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

goldenchild.jpg

track.gif

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg
Dayum pimp you me to send you some of my employees to help you wash that thang?
laugh.gif
 Yeah Gunny-B I can always use the extra hands.  I also have a couple of rocks out back that need painting too.  
laugh.gif
You want those rocks red or white? My favorite is red on the bottom and white on top.

laugh.gif

So your saying I dont have the right tool ? Well you might wanna tell Charles (StreetnTrack) he sell bullshid tools too.

Theres no need to spend the extra money  buying unnecessary tools when you have them onhand. Since I already have a dremel, I just used it to cut the chain off and it will get more uses around my garage verses a chain breaker.

If you have any question to how exactly this tool sets the master link talk to Charles at StreetnTrack for more a informative answer.

$12 chain riveter from StreetnTrack and a $60 dremel tool I can use for alot of other shid around the house for a total price under $72.  No brainer there !    
cool.gif
I don't really care if the right tool or tools cost 20 or 120 dollars. I just want to get what I need to do the job right...
Waiting to hear from Goldenchild today and will go from there...
by the way, Wifey bought me the Ultimate Dremel for Christmas a coupla months ago...
The Dremel is the largets most complete kit available and she also bought 2 extra kits to go with it...
It has every attachment the could find...

David

Jump back, ryth, not saying your tool is junk, just saying if you're going to do it and don't have a tool bought yet, get the best! If you've ever used the big one, you can get way more precise with it, way easier to handle. I admit I buy the best, but why not?

$12 chain riveter from StreetnTrack and a $60 dremel tool I can use for alot of other shid around the house for a total price under $72.  No brainer there !    
cool.gif
I don't really care if the right tool or tools cost 20 or 120 dollars. I just want to get what I need to do the job right...
Waiting to hear from Goldenchild today and will go from there...
by the way, Wifey bought me the Ultimate Dremel for Christmas a coupla months ago...
The Dremel is the largets most complete kit available and she also bought 2 extra kits to go with it...
It has every attachment the could find...

David
Cool , Devious.  Either one, Golden Child or StreetnTrack will be able to take care of you.  One more thing, after grinding off the rivet flush with the outside master link surface you will then need to hold the dremel cutoff wheel perpendicular across where the rivets use to be.  Then cut all the way through the outside masterlink hitting the black rubber seal.

Heres a photo showing the positionl you should be holding your dremel after you grinded down the rivet head.

DSC02601.jpg

Back