Master Cylinder Question

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
So I picked up an 82 Suzuki GS650GL this weekend and I'm planning out my maintenance. I replaced the master cylinder on my Busa with one from a GSXR-1000. So my logic is, hey, I could use the MC from the Busa on the GS assuming the banjo bolts are the same (havent checked yet).

A guy on the GS forum said I shouldnt do it because the GS only has one caliper/rotor and the Busa has 2. I asked but he didnt provide any real reasoning behind the statement. The only thing I could reasonably think of is that the Busa one creates more pressure? I am going to switch to a stainless steel line and rebuild the caliper before I would do the MC swap. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this?? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure if it would matter or not, as a lot of people remove one caliper on the Busa and use the same master. Without doing a bunch of measuring and calculations to find out the bore/stroke/ fluid displacement you could bilt it on and try. It is not like is going to cost you anything!

To me I dont think it would hurt anything. If anything, maybe it would make the brakes bite harder because of more pressure? I wouldnt think thats a bad thing once I got used to it.

Not sure if it would matter or not, as a lot of people remove one caliper on the Busa and use the same master. Without doing a bunch of measuring and calculations to find out the bore/stroke/ fluid displacement you could bilt it on and try. It is not like is going to cost you anything!

I'm with this guy, do it up. :thumbsup:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I've swapped master cylinders on several bikes...the last one I did was from a triumph rocket3 (a HUGE, HEAVY bike) onto a thruxton. I've never had a problem moving to a larger master cylinder.

Back