Massive dust storm in Phoenix AZ

No my power stayed on but when then sandstorm hit my part of town we had crazy strong winds and I could barely see the streetlights across the street for about a half an hour. Luckily after that we haf a nice thunderstorm roll through and the rain knocked the sand all down.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Damn, how could I have missed something so big? I had no clue we had a dust storm last night lol.

Geeze. If a tractor or construction kicks up dust i clutch it and let the motor idle as i coast through but that kinda thing would be much a problem in all other ways. Never saw the likes in the USA.

Dust storm? LOL.. we only got a slight hazing and some heavy winds for a bit.. the busa was covered up in the garage (can't let her get all dusty)... but no damage or anythign like that. :thumbsup:

oh thats gotta be good for the paint jobs and such, i expected at any minute a ufo would come flying out of that cloud on the video

East Phoenix just got another dust storm tonight, I was cruising down the freeway when I saw the wall of dust and got sandblasted and of course there was the high winds and rain. :banghead: Gonna have to vacuum out my airbox tomorrow and clean the filter. Good thing I have the stock filter installed. :please:

I always hated the dust storms phoenix furring monsoon season. Im far enough south now that all I get is the rain.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We got a dust storm in Bakersfield 1977. I watched as a cloud came rolling over the mountains from the So. East. We had sand and dust in EVERYTHING. It lasted for a day or two. Never seen anything like it.

Hope you Phoenix folks are ok.

Two of my most favorite weather-related quotes come from my time in AZ. First happened when a dust storm just like this one came rolling up I-10 headed toward Phoenix the radio announced the weather segment by stating:

"Now here's Liz Habiib with all the hub-bub about the Haboob!" :rofl:

If it isn't dust -- it's the rare rain that scares the bejeezers out of the drivers -- it's headline news when it rains in Phx - they take a picture of a wet street for the front page of the paper every time! So of course there's a traffic jam every time -- so stuck in traffic the announcer let through a caller who YELLS:

"It's not ACID, people!! You can DRIVE through it!!!" :banghead:

Aaaah the fond memories.

yah scottsdale got hit pretty bad. looks like someone took a bucket of sand and threw it all over the place. WHOS GONNNA CLEAN THIS UP!!!!

Back