marvel mystery oil or seafoam?

BUSAFETT

Registered
From the first day I learned to turn a wrench on cars, I was always taught to use Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase and in the fuel to keep everything nice and sparkly clean inside, free of gum-up.

Has anyone used either in their Busa?

BUSAFETT

I SWEAR by Seafoam! I used it in an old 78 CB125 Honda that had not run in 8 months, old gas in the tank and carbs... tried to start, nothing. Put the seafoam in, and after a few kicks it started right up. It ran rough for a while, but the seafoam worked it's magic!

Never used SF like yamahor described, but used enough of it on the cars...d/c a vacuum line holding it into a cup with SF in it, raise idle and let it suck the SF into the engine so it cleans out the crap on its way thru, also pour an ounce into each cylinder to clean off piston tops. MMO I used when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper as well. Put a cap full in the tank to keep the gas from gumming up, in the crankcase to keep oil "fresh" and parts lubed a lil better, or down a plug hole if engine is seized up (unlocked quite few bikes that way when I was a youngen.

(CAT3 @ Oct. 17 2006,22:31) Never used SF like yamahor described, but used enough of it on the cars...d/c a vacuum line holding it into a cup with SF in it, raise idle and let it suck the SF into the engine so it cleans out the crap on its way thru, also pour an ounce into each cylinder to clean off piston tops.  MMO I used when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper as well.  Put a cap full in the tank to keep the gas from gumming up, in the crankcase to keep oil "fresh" and parts lubed a lil better, or down a plug hole if engine is seized up (unlocked quite  few bikes that way when I was a youngen.
Seafoam is the wonder liquid. You use it in the gas,diesel, oil, vaccum line like you described... Shoot, the first time I saw it used on my car, my mechanic used it through the vaccum line. I had a bad PCV valve... I didn't when he finished with the Seafoam... From then on, I SWORE by it!

Seafoam is the way to go. I used to work at a Carquest and the old Harley guys would come in and buy it. If it helps a Hadley and does not hurt anything, it has to be healthy for any type of vehicle.

I have used seafoam in the boat for years............
Good stuff.
cool.gif

Any Seafoam + Hayabusa users here? If so, what vacuum line can we put it into so it goes into the motor (not through oil or gas tank).

I've run Seafoam (or Yamaha's ring free) through the outboards on my bass boats for years. Most of the guys I know who tourney fish do as well. Good stuff.

I'm a MMO fan. I used it in everything, with great results. Fogging motors for storage, helping to keep the top end in my older bikes lubed (via adding it to engine oil, and fuel), kept my John Deere stuff running right, etc. I have used it for going on 28 years, and I love it.

As I have parted with all of my older bikes, and don't store my bikes over the winter (+1 for livin' in AZ), I don't use it nearly as much as I used to.

I do have a few words of advice for anyone who uses it, or plans to use it in anything with a catalytic converter: DO NOT USE IT IF YOU HAVE A CAT SYSTEM! It hasn't happened to me, but I have seen first hand what can happen if you overdo it, or use it for a prolonged period. It does not completely burn, and ruins the honeycomb in your catalytic converter over time. Oh, and so does lead substitute!

... and after your done sticking it in the .. vacuum line ..oil valley .. carb .. and gas tank .. don't forget to "splash " a "lil" under your armpits..
cool.gif
..but the stuff seems to work .. < go fig >
thumb_up.gif

Yup, I dug it up using the SEARCH function.
thumb_up.gif

I just wanted to know where Busa owners are finding a vacuum line to pour in the Seafoam.

Yup, I dug it up using the SEARCH function.  
thumb_up.gif

I just wanted to know where Busa owners are finding a vacuum line to pour in the Seafoam.
Everybody rides yer azz for not using the search function, then when you do everybody rides ter azz for bring up an old thread.

lardthunderin'jeezus

ya can't win round here for losing...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back