Mardi Gras gone wrong, horribly wrong for one little girl

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Lit Up Like a Parade | NOLAFemmes

Read this story and tell me it doesn't cause you to swell up a little bit, perhaps even have a little extra moisture in your eyes. Everyone was young and dumb at some point but there were always rules...you could mouth off to others but targeting kids, handicapped, elderly were all off limits. I can honestly say I would have been either in jail or the hospital (then probably jail) if this happened to my kid.

There was a bright spot to it in the end Muses treats bullied girl to special Mardi Gras event | wwltv.com New Orleans but it should *NEVER* have happened in the first place

Yeah man the retard is making it hard to watch the parade. And she might do something dumb, like push you under the wheels of a float.........Like this.

HATE bullies and idiots like that, drunk or otherwise. At my size it's reasonably easy to intimidate back too. Just ask the group I ran off a bus at Disney a few years ago.:laugh:

I'm happy that they tried to make it up for her but unfortunately the memory of the arshole will likely outweigh the special treatment she got.

Was it real? The article was artfully written sounded more like an act of fiction than a true story...sad either way...

At a hockey game two weeks ago with friends. Their little girl (9) and ours (11) were with us enjoying the game. Two idiots behind us over the course of the game were swearing and making obscene comments. When they finally began dropping the f-bomb every other time they spoke I had enough and turned and asked them to think about their language because there was kids right in front of them (as well as behind them and a couple seats down). They made a few stupid comments but did stop swearing. How tough is it to be respectful of those around you?

He should have taken his daughter to the car and said I'll be back in a jiffy.
Walked back over to the unsuspecting drunk and knocked his teeth out!

'ok now we can go home sweety.' :)

Well, I got in big trouble 20+ years ago with the kids at a 4th of July event. Kids never got to see the fireworks from the River in Augusta again because of a similar situation. Darn shame.

At a hockey game two weeks ago with friends. Their little girl (9) and ours (11) were with us enjoying the game. Two idiots behind us over the course of the game were swearing and making obscene comments. When they finally began dropping the f-bomb every other time they spoke I had enough and turned and asked them to think about their language because there was kids right in front of them (as well as behind them and a couple seats down). They made a few stupid comments but did stop swearing. How tough is it to be respectful of those around you?

Seems to be the norm nowadays...just taking my boys (9 and 11) anywhere anymore is a challenge. We can't even stand in line for movie tickets without hearing the f-bomb or conversation that's just completely inappropriate for public consumption.

This story is so sad, but I would hope all those contacting her and her family showing support will eventually far outweigh the drunk idiot that started this all...

SO sad but some people kids and adults alike will never respect anyone or anything. I know grown men and woman that will cuss and use the f word to know end and no matter where they are it never stops. I have tried to remove myself from them over the years. It is sad that some one so young has to here and put up with things like that but it is a part of the world that is only getting worse IMO I pray one day it will all change

Having a daughter with Autism, I know I would have been hauled off to jail for what I would have done. Although, I might have had to pull my wife off of them first...she can be a wild cat when it comes to her kids.:lol:

Luckily I have calmed down a lot in my older age.:laugh:

karma's a mean thing one of these days its gonna bite that smug guy right in the arse!!!

Back