Many Thanks to "Sleeperbusa"

UUBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Chris,

Thanx for working with my ol'lady and helping her get the right kit. I sucked it out of her a week early, but I was happy to figure it out. She said you were very helpful in pointing out what she needed.
It's just another sign of how the people of h.org go out of the way to help each other...

PJ

Here are some pics of course..... I was surprised at how easy this was to install...

I bought one of Guys' bottle holders (tigerracing.com)...must say I love it, it even gave me a little more of a gap..that I'm very happy with to prevent the paint from rubbing on the hump and tail section.

<!--EDIT|UUBusa
Reason for Edit: "jus cause"|1104941082 -->

NOS_Installation_019.jpg

oops one question though, maybe you or someone can help me out with...

I put the spray nozzle towards the front of the left ram air tube, in and indention so the nozzle will spray towards the air box(this nozzle sprays directly out of the bottom). I'm thinking this maybe too far away from the airbox.?.? I was wondering if I should reconsider this placement?

NOS_Installation_009.jpg

Holy cow Paul! You already tear up the twisties faster than legally possible, and now you've got NOS?!
wow.gif

Hrmmm, Spring ride should be a fast one...
biggrin.gif

Wow! I love that in-hump bottle arrangement! Too sweet!
super.gif
I wonder if there's a bottle that would fit inside a 10R seat cowl?
devil.gif

Looking good Paul ... we're gonna' have to hook up soon and compare notes ... I can use some advise before I push that button on mine.

DJ

Looks good! Still debating about trying to get that done.

Michelle, I had to put it on to keep up with your husband in the straights... He's got the fastest moutain Harley I've ever seen :o)

Right now I have the small jet in the nozzle..I believe it's a 20 hp shot...I didn't want to over do it until I got used to it.. It's a nice feeling when I push the button with that in it. I'm going to put the largest one in next week when I get my forks back from the dealer and probably move the nozzle closer to the air box.
I'll give you a call DJ when I head up your way to the cornfield roads.

BBB, I write up my detailed instructions whenever I do anything to the bike. If you like I'll type up this install and send it to ya..

PJ

BT, if it's anything like my buddies 1000RR we work on.. you may be able to stuff the 1lb bottle in there :o)..... He can only fit the manual in the CBR...unless he's heating up a 7-11 burrito..

Michelle, I had to put it on to keep up with your husband in the straights... He's got the fastest moutain Harley I've ever seen :o)

Right now I have the small jet in the nozzle..I believe it's a 20 hp shot...I didn't want to over do it until I got used to it.. It's a nice feeling when I push the button with that in it. I'm going to put the largest one in next week when I get my forks back from the dealer and probably move the nozzle closer to the air box.
I'll give you a call DJ when I head up your way to the cornfield roads.

BBB, I write up my detailed instructions whenever I do anything to the bike. If you like I'll type up this install and send it to ya..

PJ
Thanks, UUB. I would definitely appreciate that.

BT, if it's anything like my buddies 1000RR we work on.. you may be able to stuff the 1lb bottle in there :o)..... He can only fit the manual in the CBR...unless he's heating up a 7-11 burrito..
There's not a lot of room ANYWHERE around the 10 to put anything. Just about every inch is used for something.
drooling3.gif

Paul...he's a sport biker trapped on a Harley...what can I say?
tounge.gif

Your setup look nice...pretty sure I'd hurt myself if I had one!
laugh.gif

Holy cow Paul!  You already tear up the twisties faster than legally possible, and now you've got NOS?!  
wow.gif

Hrmmm, Spring ride should be a fast one...
biggrin.gif
Maybe it's insurance to make sure he can scoot quickly by those a**holes trying to run us off the road like in the fall ride. Oh well, if I couldn't catch Paul before, I'll definitely not be catching him now.
tounge.gif

UUB - jest for sh!ts & gr!ns...

What did that rig cost ya and how long does a bottle last? I know it depends on how yer driving, but do you have some kinda idea... 20 squirts, 60? 2 weeks? 5 runs down the 1/4?
rock.gif

What did that rig cost ya and how long does a bottle last?  I know it depends on how yer driving, but do you have some kinda idea... 20 squirts, 60?  2 weeks?  5 runs down the 1/4?  
rock.gif
The Nitrous was $370. to the door...then I bought the tiger racing brackets seperate which was another $70.
The bottle costs me $10 to fill and I've hit it maybe 6 times for about 3-5 seconds each time. Unfortunatly, I didn't ride too long because my fork seals were leaking pretty bad.. I'll let ya know after I get my forks back and take it out for the day.
On the strip I think you'd probably get 7-10 runs out of it.
It feels about like kicking in the passing gear of a car..when I'm in 6th @ about 100.

BBB, I haven't forgot about you, I've been working on the type up....tonight though I have to run out to Springfield, MO. so I'll be back on it Monday morning...

PJ

What did that rig cost ya and how long does a bottle last?  I know it depends on how yer driving, but do you have some kinda idea... 20 squirts, 60?  2 weeks?  5 runs down the 1/4?  
rock.gif
The Nitrous was $370. to the door...then I bought the tiger racing brackets seperate which was another $70.
The bottle costs me $10 to fill and I've hit it maybe 6 times for about 3-5 seconds each time. Unfortunatly, I didn't ride too long because my fork seals were leaking pretty bad..  I'll let ya know after I get my forks back and take it out for the day.
On the strip I think you'd probably get 7-10 runs out of it.
It feels about like kicking in the passing gear of a car..when I'm in 6th @ about 100.

BBB, I haven't forgot about you, I've been working on the type up....tonight though I have to run out to Springfield, MO. so I'll be back on it Monday morning...

PJ
Sounds like pretty inexpensive HP!

I am assuming that in the 1/4 yer gonna make it through first and second and get a piece of third. Assuming you shift at 10K and it drops to around 8K for second and 3rd, when would you hit the spray?

Is there any feature that pumps in more fuel when you hit the button? (instant remap or sumptin?)

also...

Have you heard of any detrimental effects to the engine?

Sorry if I'm being push, I liked the install you did and am now interested!

Back