many many questions concerning pc3usb

scooterlord

Registered
first of all haven't got my pc3usb yet (it's on the way) but i'll have the same questions when i get it, so, here we go...

first of all the site mentions about 'disabling oxygen sensor'. it has info on how to do that (although me not getting it! lol).
what is this used for? :/

also says about acceleratorpump free download. read the info, can't understand what it does still. someone to explain in plain english please?

saw the maps sections. I have installed a pair of yoshi rs-3 slipons and have a k&n filter. one of the maps there fits my bike's mods, but later on i c some maps for 'european models'. mine is european. what if i install one that is not 'european'?

one of those maps says '02 sensor disabled' what's this now? :/

i am certain that my questions will help others as well.

btw, is there a big gain with the addition of pc3usb with my yoshis and filter? i hear it also removes the timing redard. is this true?

I want to thank you guys in advance for your time answering all this

first of all haven't got my pc3usb yet (it's on the way) but i'll have the same questions when i get it, so, here we go...

first of all the site mentions about 'disabling oxygen sensor'. it has info on how to do that (although me not getting it! lol).

also says about acceleratorpump free download. read the info, can't understand what it does still. someone to explain in plain english please?

saw the maps sections. I have installed a pair of yoshi rs-3 slipons and have a k&n filter. one of the maps there fits my bike's mods, but later on i c some maps for 'european models'. mine is european. what if i install one that is not 'european'?

btw, is there a big gain with the addition of pc3usb with my yoshis and filter? i hear it also removes the timing redard. is this true?

ok not sure about the mapp sensor thing.

I tried the pump acc thing and it sucks. basically the PC gives you the correct amount of fuel that you need. the pump acc is supposed to put more fuel in it for a certain amount of rpm range depending on how you set it. My question is, if you have the PC working right why would you want to go rich in the middle of your run? I trried it lastnight and went through 1/4 tank of gas in 8 miles. I had a lot of 150 runs in that but still. Also I noticed that when I got on it, there was a major hesitation befor it kicked in. I actually only had mine set to 90 sensitivity 20 rpm and 10%. I could imagine what the 20% would do.

do not know about the european bikes but no it should not remove the timing retard, i think you have to have a PCIIIr for that. hope this helps

hm, looks like i am gonna have to get the pc first and then try asking more questions, cause i didn't get this last part concerning the sensitivity and stuff.

however does anyone know if the pc3usb removes the timing retard? is this the difference between pc3r and pc3usb? should i also order a tre? or in other words, if someone is not sure, can you at least verify that i WILL notice if the timing retard is disabled or not?

OK The sensitivity stuff deals with the Acc pump software not the PC

No the PC#usb will not get rid of the timing retard

The difference between the usb and th pc3r is that the pc3r allows you to adjust timing and the usb doesnt. Also the usb can be hooked up to your personal computer and you can change the settings, you can not do that with the PC3r

As for the TRE, SOme say it is great, others say it isnt worth the money. It does give a little better response. My bike runs smoother without it and I cant tell about any major power changes when it is on. I have currently taken mine off. I have a stock bike with a PC3usb and it runs perfect. The TRE makes it stumble when you first get on it.

you can test to see if tre is working by setting your choke lever to make bike run at about 2500 rpms then pull in the clutch if your rpms drop, then it is working.

If you want to test it befor you go buy a TRE, there is a few places that tell you how to install a 6.8k ohm reisitor inline. That is all a TRE is anyway, just a resistor. If you need you can send me a pm and when I get home i can give you detailed instructions on how to do it your self for about $2

Oxygen sensor has to do with helping the bike with emissions control. Basically, less emissions = worse performance. Disabling it increases performance a bit but your emissions will be worse. It's an environmental thing.

European models have different emissions requirements so the map is tuned optimum for a bike setup this way. If you installed a US model you may not have the optimum map but my guess is that it's a small difference.

O2 sensor is the oxigen sensor.

The aftermarket pipes will affect the air flow through the engine and exhaust. Without a new map, you will probably have rich and/or lean spots which will feel sputtery or sluggish. I think the upgrade to the pc3usb will be a very nice improvement well worth the bucks.

It does not remove the timing retard. The PC3usb will affect your fuel mix. If you want to get ride of the timing retartd (which I highly recommend) get a SmartTre from IvansPerformance products.

Hope this helps.

Back