Man tazered to death

psycobusa - 1800+ posts? C'mon dude ... you should know by now that link isn't gonna last very long on this forum.

just figured i'd give people something contraversial to talk about.....i mean, did the guy de serve what he got or were the police going a little to far?
sad.gif

1. Why the hell are they filming that?

2. Why didn't they just leave him all cuffed up instead of trying to let him out or change cuffs?

3. It's from 2004 so what the hell happened (fired, sued, etc.)?

I must have seen 10 cops there and between the lot of em they couldent restrain this guy?...the cops over reacted and the mans dead....i wonder if they will will see the judge now

just figured i'd give people something contraversial to talk about.....i mean, did the guy de serve what he got or were the police going a little to far?
sad.gif
WAAAY TOO FAR!!! No matter how much he so-called "resisted", he would have tired out long before those 6-8 officers did. There was no reason to tazer him that many times. All they had to do was hold him down and let him struggle himself to the point of exhaustion.

1. Why the hell are they filming that?

2. Why didn't they just leave him all cuffed up instead of trying to let him out or change cuffs?

3. It's from 2004 so what the hell happened (fired, sued, etc.)?
in response to #3

Grim video of an epileptic Georgia man who suffered a fatal heart attack after
being tasered five times in 60 seconds while resisting Gwinnett County
Sheriff Deputies restraining him in a chair while handcuffing his
wrists and shackling his feet.

The last words of Frederick Williams, 31 — "Don't kill me, man! Don't
kill me!" — are soon followed by a deputy asking, "Do you want another
one?" as a taser is repeatedly fired into his convulsing body.

The Georgia deputies had brought him to their county jail after his
wife, Yanga, called 911 to say her husband had become violent after
failing to take his epilepsy medication. A grand jury — who refused to
view the videotape — declined recommending indictment charges against
the deputies. A police investigation into his death also cleared the
deputies of criminal liability.

<a href="http://www.independentconservative.com/2005/09/27/they-got-it-right-federal-prosecutors-wont-pursue-charges-in-taser-death-of-frederick-will
iams/" target="_blank">linky</a>

by clicking the "background info. here and here" it takes you to this link which tells the aftermath

Once again, some people are jumping to conclusions. Yes the result was a bad one. The reason they are filming is to protect themselves. Anytime a cell extraction is done, and I'm assuming this is what happened, it is done on video so the courts can see the process and the struggle. Every cell extraction we do in the Illinois prison system is taped. And yes, it is violent. I do think they were WAY slow in realizing the medical emergency though.

gee wouldnt common sence tell you that if you responded to the man haveing epilipsy that already there were (electrical) problems in the mans brian...and adding to it well....proved fatal...other restraint should have been used

I'm so aggravated from watching that. I hope that cop never gets a good nights sleep again.

They should have just tossed him and the whole restraining chair into the cell and locked the door. Then monitor and deal with him after the seizure subsides.

If he was having an epileptic seizure then zapping his @ss to such extremes was just the wrong move.

I'm just saying it very likely could have been handled in a manner that the guy didn't die.

Anyone who thinks it's easy to restrain an individual hell bent on fighting you, for whatever the reason, think again. We occasionally have to restrain patients for their own protection. It can sometimes take 4-6 fire fighters to get it done and that's not with someone that big. Laugh if you want, but until you've tried it you have no clue.

Remember that this isn't trying to just defend yourself against the person, it's trying to accomplish the task of putting them in restraints too.
sad.gif

With that said, medically I think tazing someone 5 times in a minute is too much. I'm no tazer expert but I know you can't breath while beaing tazed as it seizes your muscles. Your diaphragm that makes you breath is a muscle and woul seize as well. Tazing 5 times in a minute would mean he was not moving any tidal volume to adequetly perfuse himself or his brain, especially under high stress conditions that would metabolize oxygen very quickly. He probably went into respratory or cardiac arrest because of it.

Also it doesn't take a whole lot of medical training to see that they didn't have much of a clue about treating a patient, even the so called nurse who came in. You can tell they are unsure of there own ability to check vitals and one guy is seen putting a hand on his heart. Since when is that how a pulse is checked? Another guy tries to check his carotid (neck) pulse and isn't even close to being in the right spot or deep enough to adequetly check. Bottom line that is a sick patient just by looking and it shouldn't have taken so long to take action.
sad.gif

gee wouldnt common sence tell you that if you responded to the man haveing epilipsy that already there were (electrical) problems in the mans brian...and adding to it well....proved fatal...other restraint should have been used
Maybe, except those are cops, not doctors.

--Wag--

Back