Is this a clear violation of "Man Law"?

• Yes

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Revenge required...

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters
2 rules.. you Don't touch my wife and you Don't touch my bike.. touch eather one and your a dead man.. Ide kill him

How many miles on the back tire? How far did you ride on it before the cords were showing? Is the bottom of the undertail tail covered in bits of stuck on melted rubber?

I've seen tires that, without close inspection, appeared to have lots of mileage left but were only a few miles away from showing cords.

To be brutally truthful, your description of the event does not rule out the above scenario. You would not want to lose a friend because your assumptions about how much mileage your tire had left was incorrect.

If, of course, the tire was new before you left and the undertail is covered in melted rubber than I would write him off as a friend.

Just my too cents.

Hope I didn't offend you.

cheers
ken

If the tire looks like that, I can only imagine what else he did to the bike and what RPM he did it at.???

So far nobody but me has ever ridden my bike, although there are a few close friends that I would definitely trust and let ride it if they asked. Any real friend that has a bike of their own would never do that to another friends bike. This aint no friend of yours. He brutally molested your girl.

Sorry but you should not have left your bike in the care of others:poke:
I would not.

Regards

I had a buddy leave his R1 with me during his last tour in iraq. Had it on his stands, battery tender hooked up to the battery in the house(had it for the end of winter) he asked me to take it out now and then to keep it moving. Once a week i'd ride around the block or to the store. Never beat on it or broke the speed limit(trying to stay low key riding a yami):rofl:

When he got back it had a fresh oil change, full tank of fuel, and i went over it to make sure he could hop on and take it for a ride. His wife went in with me and my brother to get the swingarm extensions he wanted and did it while he was gone. Was the least i could do for the guy while he was over there fighting for us!

Now that's cool.

Rule of thumb is if it isnt yours then treat it better then your own, If your friend rides and treats his like junk then why would you let him ride yours. If he only rides track bikes then again why let him ride yours. Mine is sitting in my garage and a friend of mine is going to come and get it in the summer to do mods to it for me, but this is only because he rides a busa as well so I know he can handle it plus he is like a brother to me and knows I would be whole sale hyne if he broke it.

Man rule violation.......yes
You partially to blame......yes

No matter how you look at it, welcome to the era of people not taking responsibility, unless you suck it up, realize your mistake and pay for it yourself, without retrobution outside of not hanging with the guy anymore, or he mans up and admits it and pays for it.

Last time I had to take "extended care" of a buddies bike.....

I washed it, waxed it and put it on a stand in the corner of my garage....under a cover. I did not want anything to happen to it under my care.

Animals, please don't put terrible thoughts in Matt's head. He is one big dude and God have mercy to be receiving on the end of one his hammers. Matt is also a meticulous type of guy and is feeling a little violated. We have all been there where we have friends we feel we can trust and they "do us". As far as comments about this guy and another man's wife is really a classless statement and is just poor taste. Matt is home on leave and his wife is very pregnant the last I heard...and they are very tight couple...just not a good vibe to ever put in anyone's head.
Off subject a little..but Matt is the guy who fabricated and designed by bixenon headlight..and it puts out almost as much lumens as my wife's Mercedes. I can do 70 down the country road now and not outride my lamp...and that is some pretty cool stuff that this young guy does...

Matt - any update here?

Did you have a little "chat" with your (potentially former) friend yet about Man Rules? :rulez:

Last time I had to take "extended care" of a buddies bike.....

I washed it, waxed it and put it on a stand in the corner of my garage....under a cover. I did not want anything to happen to it under my care.

Amen to that. The last bike I kept for my buddy Demmym was Misty, and she stayed safe and sound under the cover on stands. :beerchug:

Back