Man i hate to ask stupid questions

Allow me to share my epinion on this subject:
1. Not really sure why its in General Bike Related forum, its obviously more Random Discussion (lead in to

2. It feels like such a setup question, I love it. No offense to 2hip, I'm sure your only asking with sincerity. However, I do believe there are many a members (not only from this board, but others) that would love to use this opportunity to sway a members opinion to match that of their own. e.g. someone saying " xxxx.com is loosely moderated" or talking about endorsements from Suzuki, to all the innuendo's that essentially talk down about any other site outside of the .Org.

3. I do like what Doug said about meeting people and not really knowing someone's intentions just from what or how they post. Its that same theory on others board I assure each and everyone of you, I've visted all the ones listed, and some not listed.
I've had an issue with Doug a long while back, I pm'd him about it, we respectfully decided to disagree. Then a few months later, I pm'd him again, maybe it was my persistence, but he agreed to help me out and in that, help out the entire Busa community (reference a Group Buy on helmets if you don't recall). Point being, Doug only knew me as "the guy from the other site", and I knew this, but just because one person dislikes someone, or something, doesn't mean its right to create a pack mentality. I had to reach out and try and break that barrier. I didn't leave it alone at that either, did I Doug?

4. I recall when I first registered here. I got a welcome in one of my posts from RSD. After that welcome I actually started to get answers to my questions, and help... (leads into this point)...
I also agree with the comment about there being "good old boy" networks. There are, on every board, not just "that other one" as so many ppl love to type. There are the same "good old boy" (and gal) networks right here on the .Org. Doug, or any Admin/Mod feel free to prove me wrong, however I much prefer we just either leave this one alone if you can't openly agree with me on it :) That Good Old Boy, or Pack mentality is just alive right here on the Org as it is on the other sites. Unfortunately, some ppl choose to reciprocate the bull**** instead of forming their own e/opinions, and instead of letting sleeping dogs lie, they dig them up. Actually probably a few right in here as well that can identify with this scenario, or are so jaded in thinking your actions are right still?

5. Other sites, no matter what the name, are founded on the principal of forming a social networking community around a commonality. In our case its the passion for riding, specifically a Hayabusa. How these sites go about business, well, thats already been covered quite a bit. If the owner/admin/moderator group pushes the negativity, condesending remarks etc and allow the bull****, then as a group they are setting the tone for prospective members to formulate judegement against, and then you refer back to #4 and well, you will either continue to have a quality board or eventually it will eat itself through its own destruction.

Personally, I would like to think that some are truly more comfortable where they started, be it here, or wherever and that would be the only reason for not spreading the networking assistance to other boards. But, sadly I know in my heart thats not the case.

I could share some BS from this board or that board, or other boards in an attempt to show how the points made above play out, but I'd rather not pinpoint events or members. I'd much rather some of you read those points, read what Doug has posted, and start thinking a little more mature and responsibly *not reading into things, just read whats written*. These shoes don't fit everyone, but there are a good many that just love to stir a boiling pot.

As for me, I've met very few members from here, hell from any other board for that matter. I try to help out those whom I can, either by sharing my experiences, lending tools, shipping parts or just listening. Being 39 (well, in about 2 weeks) and living in the Army the last 20+ yrs, I've learned a lot and hate to see someone not getting help when needed. As a general rule, which I've never rewritten to suit my fancy, if I have an issue with you, I will let you know first and foremost. My philosophy on that is simple, how big a man are you to smile in my face and talk **** behind my back?

I hope this offends no one, but reaches out to some who seem to have lost touch with what we, riders and people, are about... helping each other and being there for one another, despite what SN or board you use!

Charlie (p.s. I'll be on my way back from Iraq in a couple weeks, and I pray MC Mustang does the same, safely, as well as all those members from any and every board that are deployed).

OK, here's my opinion....as a somewhat objective observer....one can read the lines of what is said, and one can read "between the lines" as well. When I read between the lines of certain posts(and actually certain posters), I read a confrontational, aggressive subtext. I just think it's too easy to follow the rules and enjoy one anothers friendship and knowledge....WITHOUT sounding like there's some ax to grind on every subject. One of the fun things is disagreeing on something but acknowledging the value of what the other person's position is. That's pretty high level discourse, maybe I'm asking too much.

I know one thing....I now know the owner of this forum personally....what his values are, and how thankless it can sometimes feel to be "on duty" 24/7 trying to constantly improve the ORG.....then be confronted with "conspiracy theories" like there's some sort of a hidden agenda and secret "inner circle"......that's just wrong and inaccurate, my recent experiences certify that what I say is 100% accurate. Am I kissing up to someone? No, not at all, just a 62 year old motorcyclist that has learned to enjoy the truth. Raydog

OK, here's my opinion....as a somewhat objective observer....one can read the lines of what is said, and one can read "between the lines" as well. When I read between the lines of certain posts(and actually certain posters), I read a confrontational, aggressive subtext. I just think it's too easy to follow the rules and enjoy one anothers friendship and knowledge....WITHOUT sounding like there's some ax to grind on every subject. One of the fun things is disagreeing on something but acknowledging the value of what the other person's position is. That's pretty high level discourse, maybe I'm asking too much.
I couldn't agree more. I love the arguementative, yet respectful side of things :)

I know one thing....I now know the owner of this forum personally....what his values are, and how thankless it can sometimes feel to be "on duty" 24/7 trying to constantly improve the ORG.....then be confronted with "conspiracy theories" like there's some sort of a hidden agenda and secret "inner circle"......that's just wrong and inaccurate, my recent experiences certify that what I say is 100% accurate. Am I kissing up to someone? No, not at all, just a 62 year old motorcyclist that has learned to enjoy the truth. Raydog

I have never met Doug, but having talked via pm's with him, I have had no issue. Policing up a site is no joke, trying to please everyone simply won't happen with the nature of people that is, and to manage that, especially here with so many members like here, is absolutely applause material for sure.

This is interesting...we need to set up a boxing ring at the fall bash :whistle:

This is interesting...we need to set up a boxing ring at the fall bash :whistle:

hmmm..... nothing like a little :poke: just coudn't resist could ya :)

Americans should never have to resort to that... now here in the sandbox, thats a totally different story :please:

You can see things however you choose to, however once you meet someone face to face it helps to be able to understand someones demeanor. There are so many cynical and sarcastic attitudes that no one really has time to completely decipher someones motivations on the Internet. When you meet people face to face you tend to be able to analyze motivations and agendas very quickly. On the Internet you might boot someone for violating a rule because you had no idea of their intentions. When you meet people face to face and are able to identify with that person you very easily can see past the misconceptions that you would normally chock up to a bad attitude.

Unfortunately I nor the admins can meet everyone every year but the folks that we have met, drank a beer with, rode with we are absolutely more forgiving with them as we know they mean no bad intentions with their posts. Terrible ability to convey ideas to others without offending maybe but no malicious intent, if we know that then we try to help people grow and overcome those short comings......

That my friend is how we make people better.

CAp

for a while i sat and wondered why i seemed so annonomous here. after a year or so always hopeing to hit a bash but never haveing the finances or time to actually go..for a while it got me down. then it hit me mabey month or two back... that exactly what capt says is true..it is easyer to relate to someone you have met and develop friendships that play out on the org due to the "storys you can tell". so i made a decision. i was going to step out on the limb and generate a meet within my realm of influence and do what i can to get people to meet me so they could mabey understand me and appreciate all i bring to the org be it humor or straight up genuine feelings of care when we all say "prayers sent". and capt let me give you some advice i learned a long time ago. we are all familiar with the phrase "its not what you say or how you say it" i am NOT a beliver in that phrase. i belive it is more accurate and plays very well in my life that it should be changed to "its not what you say or how you say it...its how others percieve it...and that you can never control!!!!" do your best and honestly represent yourself to others. say what you mean mean what you say...but when no offence is ment but it is taken..be humble enough to say... "if you missunderstood me or if you think i ment malice please tell me and ill try to rephrase or explain what i really ment" but for those who just take EVERYTHING wrong... well... sorry i cant help ya there...nor will i be offended because...how you take it based on experiences in your own personal life... i cant control that nor will i make excuses. ill offer to explain once. after that..its not MY PROBLEM.

Last edited:
Cat3 I want to make sure that you have your opportunity to put your opinion on the site but I want to make sure that the air is clear and that the facts of the past are not forgotten. Call me a child, tell me that I hold a grudge whatever you must but I will not for a second let false or misleading information be presented to the members here.

Personally, I would like to think that some are truly more comfortable where they started, be it here, or wherever and that would be the only reason for not spreading the networking assistance to other boards. But, sadly I know in my heart thats not the case.

Let's first talk to the site that you are a moderator and how and why that site was formed. Please don't tell me that the 'other site" (let's just call it how it is) Extremebusa.com is so accepting and that the admins and mods there are so forgiving and understanding.

We have the historical information in threads here on the Org on when and why Extremebusa.com was formed. Let me speak directly to those days........

*********** Greg let me apologize for dragging you in this again but time does not heal all wounds. ***************

We had an advertiser here on the org, a business venture between two companies, those being HPC and hayabusa.org. I own and administer this site, I make the business decisions and make decisions in a manner that is best for the site overall. I informed HPC that I was terminating the advertising agreement for the reasons that HPC just didn't fit here at the org.

The best interest of the site was in question and there were some personality issues between HPC and many other members. I terminated this relationship, took the high road and posting nothing to the members about the situation other than to say that HPC was no longer an advertiser. Several members of the site took it upon themselves to start a campaign to fight to keep HPC around. Taking the high road often means taking criticism without the ability to respond back to innocent observers. I chose to take that high road.

In what I believe at the time to be a justification process I was attacked personally for over moderating, not being fair to the advertisers and being "A greedy bastard" for having raffles to support the site and taking donations from the members.

Many of the members that took this stance decided that they would start their own site (Extremebusa.com) and they would recreate a better org with the advertisers they chose and it would ALWAYS be free.
In this time there was a wake of dissention and bad information being posted to the members here, unable to respond since the decision to take the high road was chosen these issues have remained only in the hayabusa.org admin section for many years. For an admin from extremebusa.com to come here and tell me about the understanding and forgiving atmosphere is almost unbelievable.
These things all took place in a matter of weeks, many innocent members were left in the dark and having to somewhat figure things out for themselves. I took arrow after arrow, shot after shot from the extremebusa.com admins.

I can honestly tell the members here that we hold integrity and honesty to the highest degree, the admins speak daily in forums behind the scenes about situations on the site and what we all can do to make things better. How to deal with situations and to make sure that we have a unified front. I can honestly tell you that we do not make fun of members and we work to make people fit in and make the site better.

Cat3 would you like me to post the banners that were made at Extremebusa.com after my accident? Would you like those images open to the members to see what the attitudes are concerning forgiveness and acceptance. I have had those images for years, along with MC_Mustang (Who I might add thought he was going to lose his mind when he saw them).

So let's talk about where you are today, extremebusa.com has since done the following things.

1. Terminated advertising with the very same company that I did. It seems that it wasn't nearly as public when he left your site.... (As a note Greg and I spoke on the phone after he left EBC and we put our differences aside. Greg and HPC have been the model company to work with, it's my belief that Greg was just under a great deal of stress at the time with his new business. I can't tell you how he and his company has grown over the past 3 years. Bringing value to the members in the forums, performing great work in his shop and always building bigger and better and never accepting complacency.) It seems a little Ironic that the very topic or advertiser that started the split is back and happy at the org.

Extremebusa.com now has raffles, I was a greedy bastard for having them, I guess it's a little easier for them to see the troubles now that a server payment is due each month.

My all time favorite is the fact that I was attacked for taking donations from the members, I was sent a link a couple of months ago over to the extremebusa.com site in which you now take donations to fund the site. It's a little refreshing to me to see that the things we were doing are now being done from the very people that told me I was wrong to do it. Remember the header over at Extremebusa.com "This site will always be FREE we will never ask for donations" What happened?

So before you come to the org and tell me about the great and wonderful sites that are out there maybe a history lesson would be appropriate. Everyone is welcome to post here, your account still works, Heavybusa, even biggeorge 's account is still there ready for you to post. I will not for a second let bad information be posted about the history of this site or let anyone minimize the exit that was made on behalf of 'the other sites" I made a decision years ago when you left that I would never offer any assistance to anyone that attacked the very core of what we were.

BrendanP came back here, we had a great time at the bash this year, HPC is back and I see you posting and even Heavybusa posting (I have a great deal of respect for Heavybusa as a peacekeeper), I've always wanted to know why you keep coming back to the Org and why you continue to lurk in the shadows? You left for a reason, why is that again?

cAptain
Owner Hayabusa.org

Cat3 I want to make sure that you have your opportunity to put your opinion on the site but I want to make sure that the air is clear and that the facts of the past are not forgotten. Call me a child, tell me that I hold a grudge whatever you must but I will not for a second let false or misleading information be presented to the members here.
If you misunderstood me, let me clear the air as well, no where in my statement did I present things as they are not, were not and will not be. You quoted this "Personally, I would like to think that some are truly more comfortable where they started, be it here, or wherever and that would be the only reason for not spreading the networking assistance to other boards. But, sadly I know in my heart thats not the case." from me, which is exactly what it is....and a member me posted basically the same thing, sometimes people arrive at a site (lets not read into things here, it could be any site) and feel comfortable, too often they decide not to venture out. Sadly enough, some people will board hop not with the intent of learning and helping others, but to create tension and misery. That is all that entire statement means. If you're reading into any other way, I apoloize, but I'm unsure how to word it any other way.

Let's first talk to the site that you are a moderator and how and why that site was formed. Please don't tell me that the 'other site" (let's just call it how it is) Extremebusa.com is so accepting and that the admins and mods there are so forgiving and understanding.
Doug, I cannot speak for an entire site, or anyone of EBC other than myself. Much like you hold certain things unforgivable, so do I, and there are only two people I have issues with. I avoid both of them, and they do the same with me. Such a huge place the world wide web is, yet in its vastness theres always room for those to make mistakes and others to see it or turn a blind eye.
We have the historical information in threads here on the Org on when and why Extremebusa.com was formed. Let me speak directly to those days........

If you recall, I wasn't really too involved on this site when the proverbial $hit hit the fan. You have the knowledge of what happened and so on, I really don't. I don't think it would be "fair" for me to comment one way or the other. Has dumb stuff happened since that? Yep. I am sure both site leads have their own issues to sort out and will always view it as us vs. them. That old saying "why can't we all just get along" sucks, cause its true in that we can't.

Cat3 would you like me to post the banners that were made at Extremebusa.com after my accident? Would you like those images open to the members to see what the attitudes are concerning forgiveness and acceptance. I have had those images for years, along with MC_Mustang (Who I might add thought he was going to lose his mind when he saw them).
I really don't think thats a fair question to ask me
So let's talk about where you are today, extremebusa.com has since done the following things.

1. Terminated advertising with the very same company that I did. It seems that it wasn't nearly as public when he left your site.... (As a note Greg and I spoke on the phone after he left EBC and we put our differences aside. Greg and HPC have been the model company to work with, it's my belief that Greg was just under a great deal of stress at the time with his new business. I can't tell you how he and his company has grown over the past 3 years. Bringing value to the members in the forums, performing great work in his shop and always building bigger and better and never accepting complacency.) It seems a little Ironic that the very topic or advertiser that started the split is back and happy at the org.
No comment
Extremebusa.com now has raffles, I was a greedy bastard for having them, I guess it's a little easier for them to see the troubles now that a server payment is due each month.
Again, this is not my lane. I didn't set any rules, and was not an admin for a long time at EBC. I sponsored the site a vendor and tried doing my best to support the riders, riders from all sites.
My all time favorite is the fact that I was attacked for taking donations from the members, I was sent a link a couple of months ago over to the extremebusa.com site in which you now take donations to fund the site. It's a little refreshing to me to see that the things we were doing are now being done from the very people that told me I was wrong to do it. Remember the header over at Extremebusa.com "This site will always be FREE we will never ask for donations" What happened?
I never gave you scuff for donations, matter of fact I am a donating member here. And other than being a sponsor on EBC, I have made no donations to EBC. Might George have bit off more than he could chew at the time of saying that and not seeing the cost down the road, looks that way, but I dont know. Again, wasn't my issue or site.

So before you come to the org and tell me about the great and wonderful sites that are out there maybe a history lesson would be appropriate. I seriously think you took my entire post way too personal Doug, sorry you did actually. My post wasn't meant to stir up all your packaged feelings or anything, nor to come of as condescending or illict any particular remark from you. If you read it through, you should take note that I complimented you and appreciated your assistance.Everyone is welcome to post here, your account still works, Heavybusa, even biggeorge 's account is still there ready for you to post. I will not for a second let bad information be posted about the history of this site or let anyone minimize the exit that was made on behalf of 'the other sites" I made a decision years ago when you left that I would never offer any assistance to anyone that attacked the very core of what we were.
Again, I was not passing bad information or attacking this site. I was hoping that some members would read it and maybe take the past and bury the ax. Personal issues should be just that, you have an issue with me, keep it between you and I, not targeting an entire organization ya know.
BrendanP came back here, we had a great time at the bash this year, HPC is back and I see you posting and even Heavybusa posting (I have a great deal of respect for Heavybusa as a peacekeeper), I've always wanted to know why you keep coming back to the Org and why you continue to lurk in the shadows? You left for a reason, why is that again?

cAptain
Owner Hayabusa.org

Lurk in the shadows, wow thats pretty much a direct insult. However, no Doug, I have logged in here, researched topics of interest and seeing if I could continue to learn or help someone else with issues. Haven't been hiding in shadows as you say for any maliciousness. I went over to EBC, blindeyed about the entire mix up for quite some time, and much like I've mentioned to you in the past, I really don't give a rats ass what happened, thats b/w you and George (or whomever else included from Org and EBC). I was able to sponsor there and have helped a lot of people out. Although I've received pm's for parts here, and have sitting in my inbox as I type this, I am not back dooring the Org by offering parts w/o being a sponsor, and without your permission have not posted any sales or group buys I have setup.
I read a lot of rhetoric in your post Doug. You talked about forgiveness and acceptance a couple times, yet I just re-read my post and no where in there did I mention that in particular, nor specifically towards Org not being that way and EBC being that way. I was really attempting to say thank you Doug for helping me to help the riders when you allowed me to post the GB, and for not being an arrogant prick and deleting accounts over personal issues. But now I must say, it seems that much like I had let others influence me and partake in negative exchanges/bashing, it seems your now doing it through the rhetoric. I'm not going to pretend I never said anything bad about you, I have, we all get pissed off and say crap. Once I cleared the air with you, I was over it and haven't had any issues. And as for the two I hold a grudge towards, once I made my feelings of them clear, I have pretty much left it at that, no need for me to bandwagon and hit every site they belong too like a kid. Hell this is the only site either of them are on (as far as I know) that I still visit, I logged out of the others and never returned. Why is that? Because as you have read and surly know, the Org does have a wealth of knowledge and some excellent people (again only met a few of them).

In short Doug, I am sorry you took my post to be an attack towards you. It wasn't meant that way.

Charlie

I don't know how people have time to surf more than 1 forum at a time. Just the rate threads pop up and are responded on this site is fast enough. I come on a few times a day and still don't have time to go through more than 2 or 3 sections. I had seen a few other forums but I had to narrow it down to one. To be honest, I personally chose this one because of the cool banner up top :thumbsup:

I don't know how people have time to surf more than 1 forum at a time. Just the rate threads pop up and are responded on this site is fast enough. I come on a few times a day and still don't have time to go through more than 2 or 3 sections. I had seen a few other forums but I had to narrow it down to one. To be honest, I personally chose this one because of the cool banner up top :thumbsup:

I'm doing RIP with incoming unit, so collapsed back to a COB and have internet access now that I was severely lacking the last year in Iraq. The banner is kickazz I agree.

Stay Army.....at least until I drop my retirement packet in a year :)

^ I completely agree, I have seen these those discussions turn ugly quickly though.

Last edited:
I thought I understood the original question to be "Why is H.Org better than the other Busa boards out there"

Other than Capt's original response (which I believe) before he got side tracked and took this post somewhere that belongs on the other boards, I've only seen the crap that makes it just like every other board.

As a long time member here I really miss the old .Org days. I still log on and read daily, but miss the old atmosphere. Revlis, VaBusa, Pac, Pace, Bullet, RSD, BigBSbusa. The people that welcomed me, guided me, gave me a home.........I still love the place, it's just not home anymore.

The biggest difference between this forum and any other.

This is the only one that has Misty.

You lucky dogs you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
===================================================================

Just got these today for my 07. Only 3,443 more mods to go and I will be even with you !

seat.jpg

seat1.jpg

Back