man dead after anhydrous ammonia explosion

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
DAMM TWEAKERS JUST DONT STOP.MABE i SHOULDNT SAY THAT i KNOW A MAN DIED MABE HAD FAMILY.Just the frustration of meth problem here.I had move from my storage shed I WAS RENTING BECAUSE THEY WERE COOKING IT IN THERE.We only have 1 hotel in this little town a room got torched due 2 mobil meth lab.I WONDER HOW THE STUFF JUST BLEW UP???Smoking mabe or can that stuff just explode??

stuff like this every week here

A Henderson man is dead, another person was seriously injured and a third person is missing following an anhydrous ammonia explosion that allegedly occurred while the group was stealing the chemical.

The Henderson County Sheriff’s Office said that Patrick Beckett died at Methodist Hospital following the explosion that occurred around 1 a.m. Sunday.

A second person, 27-year-old Lindsey Rae Franklin of Evansville, was admitted to the burn unit at the University of Louisville Hospital, according to the sheriff’s office. Her condition was unavailable.

Authorities said the explosion occurred after Beckett, Franklin and a third person apparently stole a quantity of anhydrous ammonia. The trio had allegedly placed the chemical in an unapproved container and placed the container in the back seat of the vehicle they were traveling in, said Lt. Keith Berry.

Franklin was driving the vehicle on A.C. Walker Road when the container containing the anhydrous blew up, officials said.

Berry said that Franklin ran to a nearby house and called 911. The person in the vehicle with Beckett and Franklin allegedly fled the scene and is being sought by authorities.

Franklin was initially transported to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville and then taken to Louisville.

An autopsy for Beckett was scheduled for today in Madisonville.

Back