Making picture CD's

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hello dudes, just got back after a tour of California , and the Mainland , and now I want to make some picture cd's to view on my new toy. Its a Kodak Photo CD portable player . My DVD player doesn't seem to have a problem reading pic's in jpeg or other forms . This little gizmo cant seem to do it . Any idea's , perhaps I need a program specialized in photo cd's.
Someone told me I need special Kodak cd's :super:

I need a :type: expert......thx dudes....

i can tell you one thing, not sure if it helps... you know those kodak picture machines at grocery stores and photo shops? well you can only print a picture from a floppy disc, a scanned picture, or a special kodac cd (not a burned cd). dont know if this helps but kinda relates. good luck with it

i can tell you one thing, not sure if it helps... you know those kodak picture machines at grocery stores and photo shops? well you can only print a picture from a floppy disc, a scanned picture, or a special kodac cd (not a burned cd). dont know if this helps but kinda relates. good luck with it
thx can i dream....the search continues

what I think I actually need to do is find some way of converting the average picture(usually a JPG,JPEG,GIF,BPM etc) into what my new little toy likes to read ... a PCD , or possibly a FPX , these formats were developed by Eastman Kodak . Any idea's peepul ? Where's Dust and Cache-Venture when I need them ?

Ya I know......I'm an idiot for suggesting this cuz you probably already tried.......but can't the place you bought it from help you out.

Ok......tell me how stupid I am. ;)

Maybe Colleen knows something bout this stuff.......I'll ask her when she gets home, and post if she does.

Have a great night .

Bill

come on.....Narc, Rev , Cache-machine , where the heck are all you "coke bottle eye-glass wearin', pocket protector usin', slide ruler holster carryin' , bastids .

It's one little problem , shid man.....Narc , you should be able to write me up some software in yer sleep fer Christ sake's....

Rev....yer lettin' me down bro....I had faith . I had a belief.
Now....I have NOTHING . You...the GRAFX GURU....
BAH....HUMBUG .

Cache N' Carry(ON) ....yer my last hope....put all these computer geeks to shame . Kick 'em when there down .

...........RSD.

SOrry I let you down RSD I really am. But this is one of those things....

A professional Motorcycle mechanic may not know a damn thing about a Black and Decker Multi-tool, simply because it is not really a professional tool. It's More of a consumer tool.
I deal in a world of PhotoShop, Auto-Cad, Bryce etc. What I am trying to say is that despite being a Graphic Artist there is a whole lot of consumer products, including software that I know bobo about. Kodak Photo CD readers are one of these items...Hell I dunno?

My best advice would be to go to Kodak website and hunt for some sort of software to convert files into the format you need...

RSD Give me the model number and specifics of this player will you?

SOrry I let you down RSD I  really am.  But this is one of those things....

A professional Motorcycle mechanic may not know a damn thing about a Black and Decker Multi-tool, simply because it is not really a professional tool.  It's More of a consumer tool.  
  I deal in a world of PhotoShop, Auto-Cad, Bryce etc.  What I am trying to say is that despite being a Graphic Artist there is a whole lot of consumer products, including software that I know bobo about.  Kodak Photo CD readers are one of these items...Hell I dunno?  

My best advice would be to go to Kodak website and hunt for some sort of software to convert files into the format you need...
dont sweat it Rev.....this thing was made in 1995 , I picked it up real cheap at a new/used pc parts place .
It plays music cd's fine , which it is supposed to .

Its a Kodak Photo CD Portable Player N2000

So its the N2000 model .

I've tried lots of different sites,this-that,yadda yadda ya.

I cant seem to get straight answers outa anybody . Apparantly this thing reads FPX and PCD files . SO....
I converted some jpegs and some gif's and some bpm's into FPX's . Didnt do it . Didnt work . I have thousands of bucks in software but I only seem to be able to convert about 10-20 types of images....and PCD images ARE'NT on the list.
I was told I need actual KODAK cd's.....then told no...cant buy them around here anyway,AND the average joe cant burn on to them anyway , its APPARANTLY an "industry only" type of thing .
So.....there ya have it Rev. Yer a smart bastid,any thoughts....
I'll keep hacking away at it....you know me....

REFUSE TO LOSE.....

thanks man....have a good 1....RSD.

Say hi to yer hot lil' Irish babe for me .

Hey RSD, I posted yer question on a photography site I play on occasionally and got this suggestion. I don't know if it'll work but you can check the site out and see what you think. The info says it'll read/write PCD.  :cool:

http://imagemagick.org/index.html?

Hope it helps...

Back