Making Lowering Links

Fredyp33

Registered
I was hoping to make some lowering links for the bike, but no matter where I look, I can't find any postings of distances between the holes. I would like to make some 3 hole links that were stock, 1 inch, and 2 inch. Does anybody know, or are able to measure the distance of these holes for me?

Personally I would buy a pair for safety, but Proudad has made them. Hit him with a PM

Stock is 4 11/16 However remember they are metric so whatever the closest millimeter would be to this would be the exact measurement. Cant help you on the 1" down and up I have adjustables on mine.

Your best bet is to buy some adjustable ones. Several of the sponsors here sell them. I just put some on and its very easy to change ride height without anything other than a wrench.

The whole rear of the motorcycle is held up with those links. Why would anyone want to use good quality links? Not like there is that much weight put on them. :whistle:

Can get a set of 3hole for about $30. Adjustable for $70+(suggested). Soupy's or Brock's makes fine quality products.

Of course if you work in a machine shop and can make them with ease.... Good luck making them. Let us know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

Go with a sponsor to important to risk...I run Soupy's and they are really a quality product.

if you have to tools to do it...then go for it. i have had to make links for guy racing non-popular bikes, or older bikes that comp[anies do not make parts for....

have someone hold the bike, use a jack to hold the bike up with the stock links removed....us the jack to adjust the ride to the level you want....measure the holes....

make your links....

if you have to tools to do it...then go for it. i have had to make links for guy racing non-popular bikes, or older bikes that comp[anies do not make parts for....

have someone hold the bike, use a jack to hold the bike up with the stock links removed....us the jack to adjust the ride to the level you want....measure the holes....

make your links....

+1, that's how I made mine. I used .25" x 1.00" stainless steel bar.

I was hoping to lower my bike 2 inches, does anyone know the distance between the holes in the links for a 2 inch drop?

I made mine out of steel. All you have to do is put a floor jack under the bike. take the regular links off. Lower or raise the jack to the height you want your bike to be. Measure the distance between the mounting holes.

If you have the abilites to make them then you should be fine with measuring things. Pull your OE links off and take the measurements. It doesn't take much effort.

Off the top of my head, I want to say that the OE distance was around 120mm. Don't quote me on it though.

c'mon someone has to know. I hate to buy stuff I can make.:laugh:

Back