Making Heli-Bars work....Help!!

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
My bike is lowered about an inch in the back, adjustable links are about 10 millimeters longer than stock and the bars are raised with spacers about 25 millimeters( about an inch).

I have Helibars I would like to install but both master cylinders are going to hit windscreen. Big time. The screen would have to be shaved or cut down to streetfigher proportions, as in tiny.

Anybody have any suggestions how to make these work on a tweaked bike? Or is there just no way around this problem?

Don't have any pics, but 1" risers with heli and I had to shave some off the bottom of the windscreen.
Don't think there will be any way around it.

cut your risers back to 3/4 inch and they will just barely touch stock screen....on a gen II.

P.S. If you have OEM brake Lines they may be too short....

You need your risers cut down to .75", then they'll work fine. Notice the small frame bolt in front of the tank too, it had a throttle cable bracket, now the cables are above it and reach no problem. You should still be able to get away with the longer bolts(they can be cut to if you like just in case). Want them cut down? Send them to me. As you can see I have them and don't need to steal yours...I may see what they're worth on ebay though:poke::rofl:
This is my 08 with .75" risers and heli-bars.
And the link to what you need to know
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...efinitive-answer-k8-genmar-riser-helibar.html

SDC11033.jpg

Back