Makin a 1lb Bottle Warmer $10.00

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Made a cheap but effective bottle warmer for my 1lb bottle last year. Go to Target or Walmart and buyy a babies milk bottle warmer. Get the kind that has the adjustable warmer strap. All ya got to do is cut off all the housing support plastic not needed and tie in the hot and ground lead to your battery. What good about this bottle setup is that it is small, very low drain and that it comes with a built in switch (push botton to turn on) and has a red LED that lets you know its on. I put a separate toggle switch between the battery and bottle switch just to be on the safe side. Works great and heats the bottle quickly...If I'm not mistaken there is a auto shutoff too. Cost : about $10.00

neat....how high did the pressure go ?

the other day just for kicks,i taped on 2 of those hand/feet warmer packs (6 for 1.99)

2 lb bottle
59 degrees 760 lbs
it took a while but pressure went up to 850
temp had dropped off to 55 degrees

Good Idea! And great avitar!
SHOCKED.gif

It will hold a 1lb bottle at 850-900. Those things get pretty hot. Anything bigger than a 1lb and the electric heated strap won't go around and stay closed.

I ended up using a snowmobile handlegrip warmer for my makeshift bottle heater. I don't know what they cost since I had free access to one, but I imagine they are pretty cheap. I installed it last week and it definitely helps - won't know exactly how much till I get my remote pressure guage mounted - which should happen this weekend.

The one I used was off an Arctic Cat snowmobile. It's just a thin resistive heater with 3M adhesive tape on one side. I just slapped it on the bottle and wired it up - that was it.

I'll try and post some pics this week.

Very good idea.
super.gif
Lets see how warm that sucker will get. Baby bottle warmers get pretty hot.....

I have used my homemade warmer long enough to know it works great.  In 50 degree ambient air it will raise my bottle pressure about 6 psi per minute (just a rough estimate based on observation).  I can easily be over 1100 psi if I forget and leave it on.  

I got mine somewhere else, but the link below has similar heaters with adhesive tape on them.  

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalo....60.html

Back