Makes you think, doesn't it?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
[video=youtube_share;rbgG-6fuuWw]http://youtu.be/rbgG-6fuuWw[/video]

Every ride , he was either lucky, or skilled. Only he knows. Don't forget that the better your gear is the better your chances of surviving regardless.

Yes, I would say that makes you think. You never know do you? And I have to admit that riding a motorcycle does up the old odds of a fatal accident. The human brain just does not register a motorcycle like it does a car. Maybe because the majority of the vehicles on the road are cars and trucks not bikes? Or maybe it is because people are on cell phones, texting, eating, putting on make up, drunk, stoned, on pain prescription meds, or God knows what. A quick glance into on coming traffic while distracted and they do not see a bike heading toward them, they just see "no car". If I hit that little car in my F150 I may be a little soar from bouncing off an air bag, but I would walk away.

Best we can all do is ride as if every other vehicle out there will take us out. Every single person behind the wheel can change our lives in an instant. Ride defensively and give yourself room and time, wear the right gear and if you aren't feeling "it" that day, don't ride at all...

I think about my sons every time I ride...I want to go home to them, and all I can do is my best to get back each time in one piece.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Life is too short to sweat the things beyond your control. Recently got a lesson on that very thing.

Not gonna lie, these are the reasons I want to sell the bike. A wife and a two year old at home....I that when it's time it's time, but I don't wanna go out like that.

Factors of self control and being ready for the unknown is what helps car / bike drivers stay alive...pushing the limits is fun and I have decided to take the slow lane...even people saying at least he / she died doing what they loved grows old...I'd like to do it tomorrow and the next day...that or start teaching for what I can no longer do myself.

if its gonna happen , there aint anything that can be done... driving like a stupid ****..will not help and inevitably catch up to you..

be safe,enjoy and respect the beast..

The last accident I was in was in a car. It went into the ditch and flipped one and half times landing on the roof. During the middle of the first rotation, I kid you not, I thought, "I'm in a foxhole now, this could kill me, and... yep, I'm still an atheist."

I might not be the sharpest axe in the shed, but at least I'm consistent.

:stoopid: :stoopid: :stoopid:

:laugh:

cheers
ken

I've wrecked twice. The first one I saw coming and all I though was oh **** here we go. The second time it happened so fast I had no idea what happened. I shouldn't have been riding that day. I forced myself to take the bike out and wasn't in the right mind set to be riding. I wasn't paying attention and my mind was wondering. A corvette being unloaded at a shop caught my eye and I never saw the broken down car half in my lane.

One thing I learned about riding is you always have to watch for the other guy. Most of them never see the bike

One thing I learned about riding is you always have to watch for the other guy. Most of them never see the bike

Sometimes you hear it!
I heard something good coming the other day Doug, and when it came into view, it was...your old Busa!
I see it often, he's local.
Good to see ya posting, hope your back is doing better!

I ride through the woods and fields at great speeds because I would rather be dead than ordinary. I'm not crazy, I don't take stupid risks and I don't put other people in danger. But you leave too much life on the table if you don't take a few chances.

Well said, I like to try and get away from "the pack" when cars group up together. I try not to ride like an ass however, my rule is if people are driving dangerous or I see a lot of people on their phone I tend to put in an acceleration to get some space and then I go back to normal speed. I am new to the site and everyone here seems very mature/experienced so when I say, trust no car at any time...I'm sure we are all on the same page.

As far as the danger, I raced for 5 years and was a top 10 racer so I did push my bike pretty hard which was on the fine line of danger. I've had a few 80+ and one 100+ mph (one was while I was in 2nd place in a pack of 45 racers and high sided onto the track! ) crashes so my view on the danger is that we can be taken out at anytime doing anything. Of all the people I've known racing/riding, most have sadly been lost to events outside of riding. Honestly, everything is dangerous so the best thing we can do is try our best to ride smart and do what we can to minimize the danger. After all, living in fear is not truly living right?

Best we can all do is ride as if every other vehicle out there will take us out. Every single person behind the wheel can change our lives in an instant. Ride defensively and give yourself room and time, wear the right gear and if you aren't feeling "it" that day, don't ride at all...

I think about my sons every time I ride...I want to go home to them, and all I can do is my best to get back each time in one piece.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Something for all riders to keep in mind...

Your average driver is making decisions and taking actions based on an assumption that other drivers are driving normal speeds.

When you are flying through traffic at 20 mph+ over the limit and they turn in front of you, sometimes it's because they judged your distance based on a legal speed. Whose fault is that?

When you are weaving in and out of traffic through motorcycle sized gaps they are not expecting you to appear out of nowhere. Whose fault is that?

Yes, sometimes the driver just doesn't see motorcycles as witnessed by many statements made at the scene of accidents but many times the motorcyclist just doesn't give them the chance to see!

We can be our own worst enemy.

Keep it in mind, you'll live longer!

The guy that rear ended me said he thought I was gonna turn like it was my fault then told the trooper he didn't see me now I'm on and off the front brake lever since I don't have the flash module like Gary

yea, it makes me think why someone would be going so fast on a road where ppl can make left hand turns in front of you? 11,000 RPM in probably 4th or 5th gear is hauling ass! if a rider like that has not recognized that motorcycles are a very small mass and extremely difficult to see from a distance and therefore gauge speeds then he either shudnt be on a motorcycle or is plain stupid!

speed is what kills in almost 80% of MC fatals. the highway is where you ride like that. NOT on some back road where ppl can and will turn in front of you. if I was investigating this accident I would put his speed as the #1 contributing factor. the person in the car would be charged as well but the burden would be on him! he was speeding LONG before the car was turning.

First rule of riding a bike is: Watch EVERY vehicle as if they are TRYING to KILL you. (Not: sometimes things will happen and look out for it.)

It would have been more pleasurable if i could have viewed the whole video but it was like half a screen.....I have noticed in this forum that most video's are half screen or there's an ad blocking stuff and u can't read or watch... Has any one else noticed this?

Back