make your Busa lighter

Spike Jones

Registered
Looking for help on HOW to lighten my 2003 Hayabusa. I heard afew things: aluminum sub-frame, gsxr footpegs and gsxr rear caliper and rotor. ANYTHING ELSE?

Send a msg to GPW, a sponsor on this board...he's lightened up a Busa for someone in the past and I think he dropped quite a bit of weight...

Not sure what he did, but I'm sure he'd help you out
smile.gif

Welcome to the oRg...post up pics of your Busa
rulez8bn.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

The skies the limit here man! As mentioned before you would obviously start with Carbon wheels and aftermarket Ti/Carbon exhaust. But from there it gets a little more involved. light weight chain and sprockets, Ti axles and bolt kits, carbon bodywork, ceramic brake rotors etc. I would suggest paying a visit to Magical Racing, OPP and Yoyodyne for starters! If you still have cash left over after that I am taking donations!
laugh.gif

I think the question is
rock.gif
: How Light do you want to go
dunno.gif
? Which inturn means how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ do you have. You can get down very, very, very low on weight with enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
whistling.gif

AND ONE OF OUR SPONSORS WILL LOVE YA  
ThumbsUp.gif

Probably even take you out for lunch
laugh.gif

start with wheels, you can shave off the most weight this way say 14lbs or so.
the body is next, you can drop more than 10lbs by going all CF.
going to a 4-2-1 titanium exhaust should drop more than 8lbs.
the gas tank can loose 6lbs if you go CF even more if you go with a lower capacity tank.
switching to an aluminium subframe can save you 5lbs or more depending on how much you trim off of it.
swapping rear sets will drop 2lbs.
swapping to CF mirrors will drop 2lbs.
kickstand swap is a drop of 1lb or more.

After these you're getting into the smaller reward/higher cost area.

switching to aftermarket brake calipers will drop 1-4lbs.
swapping to a different battery will drop you between 2-8lbs.
carbon matrix rotors can drop 3lbs.

going to ti fastners will drop weight but now your playing with oz improvements. There's alot more but the rider dropping weight is the cheapest.

Back