MAJOR SERVICE

Sorry about the abuse of the Queen's English. You know how us revolutionaries are. Nothing is sacred.

Have the valve clearances checked. I believe the cam wears increasing the space between cam and valve. Over time it begins to hammer the valve which is not good. Also the valve doesn't open as far into the chamber which reduces performance. My shop manual says do it every 15,000miles.

On extended warranties try calling these folks: Chenango Import Motors, Yorkville NY, 1-800-346-4246. Ask for Dianne, tell her Sherm sent you.
Price - $350.00

What do you do for a living that you can ride 20k miles a year.

Lyle.

The bus has now done 20,000 miles of which I have done all my own servicing, eg oil, filter, plugs etc, can any of you wonderful people out there list any other items I should check, or at least have some qualified tech check, most grateful for your help.

You better run the valves RFQ. I believe the book says do it at 15,000miles.

20,000 miles on a year old bike, I'm impressed.

Lyle, Im impressed also, she has never missed a beat, excuse my ignorance, or maybe its a language thing coming from blighty, but what do you mean run the valves, cheers

ON A BUS,

Indeed a UK versus US lingo kinda thing.

He was just referring to checking valve clearances (if it wasn't done around 15K miles that is).

Frank
The only time I get on org is at work, but its a nice sunny day so Ive decided to leave early, aint life grand,

Animal
Thanks for that, but I suspected that’s what Lyle meant but you can never be to sure, by the way I am having them checked tomorrow

Grandvitesse
I will let you know as soon as they are done.

Lyle
I think shipping over to NY from blighty will put the price up somewhat, cheers anyway.
I work in advertising and ride everyday through crap snow rain and sun, I cant get enough of the bus, and when the wife and kids allow, following the British Super Bike series, thats how you do 20k a year.

Back