MAILED YELLOW BULBS ~PLEASE READ~

Hey Iceman, still got any left? I'm interested
cool.gif

I got's one left unspoken for. This is what you get and end up with!

JD
members.cox.net images missing

members.cox.net images missing

oh yeah, PM me... we share another vehicle .... saw your post over there about HID stuff
cool.gif

Glad everyone's are arriving undamaged....  

I thought you were going to contact Freddie ref your switches?  Ref the euro switch-switch over.  The highbeam switch gets it's power from the right side handlebar switch assembly where your euro switch plugs into.  Have Freddie tell you which wire that is.  Basically you will be moving it over one pin off of the headlight wire onto the ignition wire.  Then it's on/off no matter what.  You can do it while your in there.

JD
Fred is helping with the Euro Switch, never thought to ask him about the cutting off the lowbeam and only having the highbeam thing.

Question though, do you have all 3...........low beam only, high beam only, and high/low beam?

Was thinking about that and was confused since it's only a 2 position rocker switch.

Glad everyone's are arriving undamaged....  

I thought you were going to contact Freddie ref your switches?  Ref the euro switch-switch over.  The highbeam switch gets it's power from the right side handlebar switch assembly where your euro switch plugs into.  Have Freddie tell you which wire that is.  Basically you will be moving it over one pin off of the headlight wire onto the ignition wire.  Then it's on/off no matter what.  You can do it while your in there.

JD
Fred is helping with the Euro Switch, never thought to ask him about the cutting off the lowbeam and only having the highbeam thing.

Question though, do you have all 3...........low beam only, high beam only, and high/low beam?

Was thinking about that and was confused since it's only a 2 position rocker switch.
you could do the Iceman switch for the HID light (low beam) which allows you to turn off the light with a rocker switch. That would allow you to run with high only or high and HID low or just low by using the stock US pre-05 selector and the "on/off" switch. This also will allow you to kill the light during start up
cool.gif
also only costs about $20 to do if you are OK with running a few wires..... if I can do it, you can do it
wink.gif

I just want yellow bulbs that fit in my stock lights. Do you got those ones or do these work?

zukracer, ref the ava, moderator pulled the post next day, I had to go thru him to get it posted. Whata crock. Havnt seen it yet.

SCOTT, ref the euro switch. As you found out in the 03 your bikes wires at the harness where the euro switch plugs in do not match up to the euro switch meaning the on/off part of the switch wires goto nothing. Your getting your wires matched up w/ a couple jumpers made so the on/off will work correctly.. NOW. FYI. the right side switch assembly harness... The ignition wires run thru there, the on/off switch wires run thru their, the starter wires run thru their, the left side hi/low wires run thru their. So basically everything gets it's connection for power in that switch assembly.

SO... . I traced the power wire that causes the HI/LOW button to have juice over to the right side switch assembly. From the factory the headlight has to be "ON" or the euro switch for the headlight has to be in the on position for the highbeam to be able to have juice to turn on.

I moved the wire going over to the highbeam switch one pin over. So now it's getting it's power straight from the ignition and not from the on/off switch in the right assembly.

I can. tun on highbeam only.
I can. Turn on headlight only (HID).
I can. turn either on w/or without each other.
I can. Kill the tail lights only,
I can Kill the brake lights only,
I can kill the tail/brake lights together w/one switch
I can KILL ALL LIGHTING w/ONE SWITCH (TYME TA DIP)

Hope that helps... Freddie's your man on the headlight/highbeam part
JD

I can.  tun on highbeam only.
I can.  Turn on headlight only (HID).
I can. turn either on w/or without each other.
I can. Kill the tail lights only,
I can Kill the brake lights only,
I can kill the tail/brake lights together w/one switch
I can KILL ALL LIGHTING w/ONE SWITCH (TYME TA DIP)
Damn,

Now thats sweet!

got mine 2-day. In a yellow box, no less!

thanks, ICE!

Is the switch you're talking about only for the 03's, or will it work on the 05's? Who's Freddie, btw? - trying to catch up...

EURO SWITCH.  (SEE PIC).  It's the european switch from 99-02.  The right and left side handle bar switch assembly wiring changed on the 03-05.  03 was prep work for the hazzard switch in the right side which came out in 04.  The left side has a press to pass switch which is nice but I have my own switches there.   It has 3 positions. FWD all lights on, mid - head light only no tail lights brake lights do work. rear, all off brake lights still work. Minor relay work and pressing of the start button without clutch in any position causes other shytt to happen, such as: REAR IS ALL OFF, W/press of start button kills brake lights, etc.

Freddie is a local guy near where scott lives that is just one hell of a mechanic.

Neva too late.
JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110592718 -->

Switch4.jpg

Back