Magazine still gives busa an edge over the 14

Bruiserman

Registered
I was in Borders yesterday checking out bike mags and came across a british mag that compared the Busa, 14, Black bird, and BMW and they ranked the bikes in that same order. I didn't read it all or buy it but think I will go back and get it soon. I was actually looking for the other mag TwoWheelTuner (it think) that had an article on the Busa and saw that. I can't remember the name of the magazine but it was from overseas.

Edge in what way? Remember when the Busa came on the scenes it did so in dramatic fashion by destroying the competition. Every bike that has come out since hasn't done that. It may be out rated over the Busa in one category or another, but it didn't flat out perform superiorly to the Busa. What has probably helped is the restriction to 186mph, is it safe designing motorcycles to scream through their gears only the slam shut at 186
wow.gif
? ......I doubt it
wink.gif

Edge in what way?  Remember when the Busa came on the scenes it did so in dramatic fashion by destroying the competition.  Every bike that has come out since hasn't done that.  It may be out rated over the Busa in one category or another, but it didn't flat out perform superiorly to the Busa.  What has probably helped is the restriction to 186mph, is it safe designing motorcycles to scream through their gears only the slam shut at 186
wow.gif
? ......I doubt it  
wink.gif
The speed limiter is a lot less dramatic than smacking the rev limiter in first.

I'll find out what mag tomorrow. Will probably go back and get it. I can't for the life of me remember the mag.

They ran the 1/4 mile, roll on from 60 -120, a track and top speed. Busa took the roll on from 60-120 but the 14 took the 1/4 mile and top speed. At the track and the Busa did faster laps than the 14. BTW Busa top speed was 181mph and the 14 was 182mph. Maybe it wasn't a british mag now that I think about it. They had everything in MPH. Now I am even stumped worse.
rock.gif

what i find that keeps me excited about owning what i feel is still the badest of the badazz hyperspot/tour streetbikes is the one point that "ALL" of the mag comparo's (i've read thusfar) seem to "agree with me on"....which is....

in the mountains, canyons and backroads U.S.A.?...the mighty hayabusa's frame handles the gobs of ultra-linear power with style, class and grace...smooth, fast, super-powerful and yet?...perfectly stable..with utter predicatability and controllability...a perfect handling blend of chassis and engine....

and as one rag recently put it?...

"if you are a true hypersportbike enthusiast?...sell the farm if ya hafta but..whatever ya do?...don't die without ever getting the chance to own and ride a hayabusa!"

and i'm STILL down wid dat!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157072685 -->

I read that article and the 14 just edged out the busa. It took them 7 years to build the 14 to compete with the busa and the best they could do is just slightly edge it out. That says alot for suzuki and a bike built in 1999! If it ain't broke dont fix it! BUSA 4 LIFE.

I was actually looking for the other mag TwoWheelTuner
i have only found 1 place here in AZ that has that mag (cycle gear) and when i tried to get it.. their debit/credit machine went down and i didnt have any cash. next day i went to boarders and some other big book place(name is slipping me) and they didnt have it.

I read that article and the 14 just edged out the busa. It took them 7 years to build the 14 to compete with the busa and the best they could do is just slightly edge it out. That says alot for suzuki and a bike built in 1999! If it ain't broke dont fix it! BUSA 4 LIFE.
The article I saw didn't have the 14 edge out anything. The busa edged out the 14 in their minds. Not that I really care, but I thought it was funny. Sounds like the Busa vs ZX12 all over again.

Back