Mag-Knight Tank Cover

kwm works

Registered
Hello,
Fellow Busa owners ! I know before I even post it, this thread is useless without pictures. Finally putting on my Mag-Knight tank protector. I ran out of sunlight and I will try to get it fitted tomorrow. I wanted to get it fitted without the heat gun but will use it if the sun doesn't soften it up enough to get it tight. I opted for the carbon fiber look and it's already growing on me. It looks like it will completely cover all wear areas. I will do my best to get a picture posted tomorrow for anyone who is interested.

Pics would be great! Cant wait to see!

post_13_40248_useless.jpg

LOL, I knew that was coming..... I must be a sadist. !!!! I promise to try to get it on tomorrow. Started the fit late and ran out of sun power. It almost completely covers the tank sides as well where your knees rest.

You folks are an impatient bunch ! Anyway, hope the pictures come out ok. The install is pretty easy. The most important issue seems to be getting the tank pad centered from left to right and the correct distance from your gas filler cap down. I let the bike sit in the sun and heat up the tank pad for about 1/2 an hour. I only used the heat gun for about 5 minutes to push the bubbles out. There is a install video at mag-knights web site that lays it all
DSC_0004.jpg
out.

Very nice---I was thinking about one myself but wasn't sure how it'd look. Seeing as you have the same bike as mine--I now can tell. This will be my next purchase! Thanks for the pics!:thumbsup:

Back