Made some inexpensive fairly easy performance mods

The Big Red One

Registered
I wanted to give you guys some feedback on some performance mods I did and the results. I just did a few fairly cheap & easy mods that really woke the old Busa up....money WELL spent for me. First I stuck a BMC street filter and 16 tooth front sprocket on my bone stock Busa. She pulled substantially harder with a snappier throttle response and a cool intake growl. Then I stuck on a set of Viper race bolt-ons and a Cobra FI2000R fuel injection programmer....and WOW! What a diff in throttle response and revability. I think the Viper/Cobra mods made as much diff as the sprocket & filter change
wow.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
The filter ran about 70 bucks to my door if I remember right....the sprocket around 20.....Vipers 370 delivered....and Cobra PC $197 delivered. Overall not alot of money spent and a VERY noticeable performance increase
wink.gif
I'm a mile up in elevation....and with these mods I now have to give the throttle a whole new kind of respect. I can't wait till I get moved to sea level...this things gonna be crazy
wow.gif

For anyone who wants to pick up the performance of their Busa without a ton of money/work/hassle I would suggest these simple changes......try it, you just might like it
wink.gif

wow.gif

wink.gif

Did you get any before/after dyno numbers or track numbers?
Sorry Got I didn't bother with the dyno...didn't think it would make enough diff to matter. And I don't do the track. But for the jump on and twist the grip/fun factor, it was wayyy more than I was expecting. I personally couldn't be happier with the results. Its nice once in awhile to get MORE than you expected instead of less
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Are you gonna get a speedo healer to adjust for the sprocket change? Sounds like you got alot out of your money.

Bigred ..did you use the viper ovals or rounds..

I put the rounds on and love the sound but a ##### to mount them correctly as the right hand can swings out more..

Apparantly they are off a cb900 hence the mismatch..
Viper are tossers to deal with by the way.

Bigred ..did you use the viper ovals or rounds..

I put the rounds on and love the sound but a ##### to mount them correctly as the right hand can swings out more..

Apparantly they are off a cb900 hence the mismatch..
Viper are tossers to deal with by the way.
Hey BigD how you doing? Thanks for the pm's awhile back about my round can prob
wink.gif
I bought my Viper rounds from Sean at Fly-N-Cycle in the states. The round cans had a manufacturing prob....when you sight through the cans down the mounting end, you could see that the tips weren't lining up with the mounting bolts properly, both tips were pointing off to the same side quite abit....which made them pretty much impossible to get straight. But Sean replaced them with the ovals which are straight and true and mounted up like any other brand. He also quit listing the rounds for the Busa on his website. I preferred the look of the rounds...but the ovals fit like they should and look good too, so I'm happy. Have Viper contact Sean...he can verify the prob, and maybe you can get some new cans out of the deal
wink.gif

And I ran the Vipers without and then with the Cobra pc...in my opinion the Cobra makes enough diff in throttle response and overall power delivery to be worth the money even with just the bolt ons.
And yep USM I have the speedohealer installed and calibrated...it works awesome and Norbert has the best customer service I've ever dealt with
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Back