Made a mistake

I wouldn't recomend learning wheelies with a passenger, though it's much easier. I also disagree with tuffbusa and I recomend putting your but to the back of the seat and gripping the tank with your knees. This is so you don't slide backward and shift your weight while the front end is up. Good luck be safe.

talk about this somemore , it's good reading, my busa scares me so much i take off in second gear
bluegrab.gif

(rocktober @ Sep. 20 2006,20:44) talk about this somemore , it's good reading, my busa scares me so much i take off in second gear
bluegrab.gif
It's not good to ride scared. Ride with respect, sure... but not scared.

nope...never had front up...unless its by accident...too fat...and personaly...it dont hold its thrill anymore...seen to many vids

Yesterday the temp was around 36 F when I rode home from work in the morning. Just a few miles from home, I decided to explore the true benefits of the cold fall climate of Minnesota mornings.... I wasnt expecting the front end to come up so fast, and would have rode it out and shifted into second gear, if I wouldn't have hit the rev limiter....the extra ponies caught me off guard, but it sure put a smile on my face....Things happened much different than Im use to, as Im usually a 2nd gear wheelie type of guy

all_coholic.gif
wow.gif

I also disagree with tuffbusa and I recomend putting your but to the back of the seat and gripping the tank with your knees.[/Quote]
Not to be a dink,but if you watched the video (Wheelies for dummies) clicky
where Kyle Woods and Matt Gorka (2 of the best stunters out there) explain just why you should be close right up to the tank,you may change this statement.

i am no wheelie master, but i have had my front up a little and would love to do it some more and get better at it, but sometimes i feel as i have a little more respect for my baby girl than to take a chance of me looping her and crashing her. im just saying that im not that comfortable riding them out once i get it up.
SHOCKED.gif

i bounced up 3rd last night , rode it down an exit ramp.. and proceeded to get blocked off by the popo along with my buddies and we all got reckless driving tickets for "speeding and waving in and out of traffic"

(rocktober @ Sep. 20 2006,19:15) man i just got off a harley, so i got a  lot of respect
firedevil.gif
i second that.... however, i've always wanted to learn how but i doubt i'll ever do it. I baby my toys. And getting hurt or hurting my bike is the last thing i want.

though curiousity to do it is always there  
wink.gif

You can loft your busa as little as 6 inches very safely and still get a woody!!

problem with wheelieing the busa is it tends to shake pretty bad at decent speed... especially during a sit down. Standups should be a lot smoother

(black954 @ Sep. 20 2006,18:37)  I also disagree with tuffbusa and I recomend putting your but to the back of the seat and gripping the tank with your knees. This is so you don't slide backward and shift your weight while the front end is up. Good luck be safe.
This is probably one of the most common bad habits that come with one learning to wheelie on their own. Moving back on the seat makes the bike lift off with less throttle at slower speed but makes it much more difficult to ride once it's up. If you have problems staying up close to the tank when you are up, try using stomper pads, they work great.

If anyone doubts the proper seating position just pick up any stunt flick and see how the pro's do it. These guys are so good they can sit anywhere and make it look easy. However, it's rare to find one sitting back towards the passenger seat unless they are doing slow wheelies. When you are doing slow parking lot wheelies sitting down, it's mandatory to sit way back as far as you can get and maintain balance with the rear brake, not the throttle.

(camaroguy72 @ Sep. 21 2006,07:17) problem with wheelieing the busa is it tends to shake pretty bad at decent speed... especially during a sit down. Standups should be a lot smoother
Drop the air pressure!

i only run 32 lbs
smile.gif

oh yea, another issue ihad last night. i bounced it up in third, my carbon knuckles got caught on the clutch lever, my hand left the handlebar, knocked my left mirror, bike plummeted hard to the side and i thought i was gonna go down, but i accelerated and it straightened up. I love gyroscopic forces ;)

My 04 was 3 weeks old when coming back from the DMV with my new cycle license and was only a mile from home at a red light and cobra mustang pulls up in the lane that must merge into my lane. It was the middle of the day plenty of cars at light and I'm a newbie and a little nervous...kept telling myself Don't Do IT over and over. I started off slow and when he punched it I did too...straight up in first bounced back up in second rode it a little and got a little bit more in third and then braked hard for next light. Don't think I was breathing the whole time I did that. I was still laughing out loud in my helmet when the stang pulled up next to me. He put his window down and said" I almost had you didn't I?" we both started laughing.
I'm not a big fan of wheelies but that was an absolute rush.Busa power is stunning to say the least.

(darth frosty @ Sep. 19 2006,23:57) Ill admit Ive never done a willie in my life.  
I think "wet" willies are the worst. I hate someone sticking their finger in my ear anyways yet alone it being wet too!

I thought this was a thread about wheelies?

(Red Sled @ Sep. 21 2006,11:17) My 04 was 3 weeks old when coming back from the DMV with my new cycle license and was only a mile from home at a red light and cobra mustang pulls up in the lane that must merge into my lane. It was the middle of the day plenty of cars at light and I'm a newbie and a little nervous...kept telling myself Don't Do IT over and over. I started off slow and when he punched it I did too...straight up in first bounced back up in second rode it a little and got a little bit more in third and then braked hard for next light. Don't think I was breathing the whole time I did that. I was still laughing out loud in my helmet when the stang pulled up next to me. He put his window down and said" I almost had you didn't I?" we both started laughing.
I'm not a big fan of wheelies but that was an absolute rush.Busa power is stunning to say the least.
Why shift? In 1st you could have blown the doors off that Stang without even trying... lol!

Heard the news and thought of you today Pan....they are worried about an out break right now. They are calling it a Flu -Pandemic!

Back