Made a mistake

Wheelies are to much fun . I had to extend the arm so I would not do them anymore.

I'm glad I finally lost my desire to wheelie all the time. Now it's really rare when I hoist the front. In most cases, I'll go several dozen rides without the need to hoist the front.

Wheelies on a street bike used to be a rare scene 30 years ago. Street bikes used to be heavy and under-powered, so when you saw one with its front in the air, you just couldn't take your eyes off it until they brought it down and it made you wonder what kind of performance parts it had in it to accomplish that.

Now, wheelies are commonplace, as ALL modern sportbikes from as low as 600cc can easily perform "throttle only" wheelies. Wheelies have lost their glamour for me and it's just as well. I'm not saying I'm wheelie-free, but I reserve my wheelies for that special location that inspires me to hoist the front and even then I find that many times I can resist the urge. Hoisting the front of a street bike just isn't unique like it use to be 30 years ago, but I still love blazing through corners and riding in general. Sportbikes just keep getting better and better.

SHOCKED.gif
beerchug.gif
super.gif

(chrisjp @ Sep. 21 2006,02:30) nope...never had front up...unless its by accident...too fat...and personaly...it dont hold its thrill anymore...seen to many vids
I'm with you. Way to many gory vids. It makes me roll the throttle open very easy when taking off in first, and open up slowly in second and third trying to avoid wheelies.

So, I really don't know what the bike would do if I started rolling in first and snapped the throttle open. The thing that I want to avoid is like one video I saw where the bike just looped on a guy at a drag strip. It happened so fast that he went straight up and was hanging from the bars and then the bike went one way and he fell another.

I've had so much back surgery since I bought my bike, I haven't had that much saddle time. I'm still in learning mode, but I can ride now and will experiment some with seeing how much throttle I can get away with without having the front wheel jump up high on me.

Anyone that wants to chime in and tell me how to get the most throttle without a wheelie, I would appreciate it.

I just cant seem to clutch 'em,,,power wheelies are pretty e.z., Guess im scared I'm going to tear up my clutch..

Back