MAD MAX

ottafish

Registered
Many times. It was filmed mainly around the area where I lived (only moved away 7 months ago).
Have taken quite a few visitors on tours of some of the locations from the movie.
There's some great country riding roads around the area too

There was recently a 40th anniversary get together. Some of the actors, stunt men, film crew all came and visited. As well as lots of fans in replica dress

Celebrating 40 years of Mad Max

image (1).jpeg

image.jpeg

5d07bb25695f76817cbc3fbcefa0069d.jpg

46792a051b7ec898d135c65e6e62ee66.jpg

a22900e1d1b792285a246cee2ed82a70.jpg

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Aussies! They certainly knew how to make a great movie with Mad Max.
Another favourite of mine is the Aussie movie "Stone"
Toad knows this one, he would agree also, a lot of Kawi 900 Z1's in it, awesome stunt riding scenes also!
Mel Gibson was great in MM. He's lost it as he's aged I think.
MM1 and MM2 were my favourites, the latest one is garbage IMO.

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Here is my mint unopened copy of Stone Kiwi .View attachment 1596425

Might have to crack it open and watch it tonight bro !!
Wow!! that's pretty cool mate, it seems a shame to open it, pity you haven't got a copy on dvd.
Years ago I rented a dvd of Stone and copied it to my hard drive.
When I was visiting a girl in Sydney in 2013 I drove her car to the 'Middle Head' where the gun emplacement and bunker is situated, that's the one in the movie where they hide out. . . . always wanted to go there and now I have, It was a stinking hot day in February, 38degC, I'll never forget it lol.
Google Maps

1553235181933.png

1553235347552.png

1553235468284.png

ROADTOAD1340

Registered
Wow!! that's pretty cool mate, it seems a shame to open it, pity you haven't got a copy on dvd.
Years ago I rented a dvd of Stone and copied it to my hard drive.
When I was visiting a girl in Sydney in 2013 I drove her car to the 'Middle Head' where the gun emplacement and bunker is situated, that's the one in the movie where they hide out. . . . always wanted to go there and now I have, It was a stinking hot day in February, 38degC, I'll never forget it lol.
Google Maps

View attachment 1596426

View attachment 1596427
View attachment 1596428
That is a dvd bro , hahaha , just hadn't open it , I have had it for ages though .
That sounded like a bit of a date you had there Kiwi , wasn't trying to get up to no good were ya bro ? Playing bad boy 'Stone' with the poor lass , or encouraging a stoned session with the young miss !!
I would like to go there and have a look at that joint , but wouldn't want to stay at that Sydney ' bunker junkie hotel ' !!

john blaze

Registered
Damn, I had this trilogy on betamax......Then on VHS.....Now I have it on DVD......couldn't find the blue ray versions......those falcons.......the interceptor.......the first car chase, of the very first movie, where the nightrider escapes police custody in a police interceptor(think it was a beat up Holden though)......and Mad Max runs him down.... The Goose wipes out on his Kawa.....one of my favourite scenes of all time.

ROADTOAD1340

Registered
Damn, I had this trilogy on betamax......Then on VHS.....Now I have it on DVD......couldn't find the blue ray versions......those falcons.......the interceptor.......the first car chase, of the very first movie, where the nightrider escapes police custody in a police interceptor(think it was a beat up Holden though)......and Mad Max runs him down.... The Goose wipes out on his Kawa.....one of my favourite scenes of all time.
Toecutters car was a stolen cop pursuit special , GM Holden Monaro HQ , very tough !!! hahaha

Kiwi Rider

Registered
How was that insane laughter old Nightrider had going on lmao!
And how about Mel Glibson, he must be only 24 in that movie, look at him now . . . time is cruel, oh unless you are Tom Cruise, the Peter Pan of Hollywood!
I just watched the first 30 minutes of mad max, haven't seen it for a long long time :rolleyes:

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnno44