Mad as HELL!!!!

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
O.K. guys and gals,

I've been holding back for a while now before I started posting any pictures. I kinda wanted to make a GRAND entrance. No 'before' and 'after' pics, or anything like that. Anyway, I've been working on customizing my Busa for the past few months (i.e. chrome, seat covers, the whole 9). Anywho. A little ailment has kept me out of commission from any time to put my bike back together. As luck has it, I brought my chromed wheels and swingarm to the Suzuki shop on Thursday to have bearings replaced, chain pressed, and tires remounted and balanced. To make a long story short, I received a call from the mechanic at the shop and he goes on to tell me that he can't put the bearings back in because there is chrome inside the wheel. I proceed to ask him all sorts of questions. I call Jonathan Reed at Sport Chrome to get some advice. He promises that there is no chrome in the center of the wheel. I know that when I got my wheels, there didn't seem to be anything inside that wheel when I got it. I inspected it thoroughly. Out of the dozens of guys that I know that ride bikes here and have had there wheels chromed, I've only run across one guy who had this problem. He's a life member to motorcycles and happens to be my co-worker. He told me that the simple fix would be just to ligthly sand the inside with some fine grit sandpaper. I'm really not griping because Jonathan Reed at Sport Chrome does some beautiful work. I guarantee that I have probably the best looking set of wheels in the city. When my co-worker saw the swingarm, he was in total awe. Now, he wants his swingarm chrome by Sport Chrome also. I realize that I am starting to ramble, but I was really writing all this just to ask if anyone has ever run into this little problem? And how/if did they fix it? Just curious.

Anyway, my co-worker, Sam went pick up my wheels from the shop last night and brought them to work today. We have a machine shop and he's going to fix this for me. I'm trying to smile you guys, but it's kinda hard right now. Any and all input will be graciously appreciated.

Brian

Mind you guys, it's a minor setback. I'm not angry at all with Sport Chrome, because it's a small possibility of happening, but with an easy fix. I'm just a little frustrated that a motorcycle mechanic doesn't have any simplified skills or ingenuity to work around this little situation. I guess that's the problem with having only one Suzuki shop in your city. Maybe I'm wrong, but kinda expect more when you're paying $58/hr for labor. Or maybe I'm just a little anxious to start riding again.

Brian

I am feeling you bacharles,
Seems as though anytime you are really want something done right, there is allways somebody standing in the way or trying to rain on your parade.

I just try to breath deep, and focus on how sweet the end result is going to look.

Didn't happen with me...That was the benefit of purchasing from a dealer that provides the chrome and install...You are probably better off that the local shop didn't try to fix it for you because generally they have know idea of working with chrome and could have screwed up your precious wheels...So for god sake stop
pissed.gif

And while I'm on your shat...Do you mind going back to my thread of the MC SS restored and fixing your pics...The Suburban is tight as hell but the Gran Prix pic never loaded...Now the thread will not load correctly...Or was that your attempt to undermind a playa...Peace Brah...

If you have a machine shop at work why didn't you just ibstall bearings there and have dealer just install tires?
rock.gif

If you have a machine shop at work why didn't you just ibstall bearings there and have dealer just install tires?
rock.gif
That's what I'm doing. I have a buddy here who's working with me on it today. We're just using a fine grit sandpaper to sand out the copper that got inside the wheel. We'll press the bearings back in and mount the tires today also. I'll bring them to the shop tomorrow to have the wheels balanced.

Brian

And while I'm on your shat...Do you mind going back to my thread of the MC SS restored and fixing your pics...The Suburban is tight as hell but the Gran Prix pic never loaded...Now the thread will not load correctly...Or was that your attempt to undermind a playa...Peace Brah...
O.K. Stunnahman...Damn! Man, you sure are on my case today. What's up man? Like I said before and I'll said it again..."The SS is tight. I like those wheels too." Maybe I shouldn't have used your thread to post my stuff. Sorry 'bout dat. I don't know why you don't see the GP, but it's there. Maybe something wrong with the board (or your trigger finger). I resized the pictures and just modified the post. Only thing was that the window that the post was in for the GP didn't resize itself to fit the post. The picture is there, but a lot smaller than it was previously. Check again. Either you can't see or you've been
drink.gif
too much.
laugh.gif

'Brian

Brian

[Or was that your attempt to undermind a playa...Peace Brah...[/quote]
Now how could I ever undermind THE PLAYA OF ALL PLAYAS...?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
 Do you use the SS to hit the "HO' Stroll"?

Brian

[Or was that your attempt to undermind a playa...Peace Brah...
Now how could I ever undermind THE PLAYA OF ALL PLAYAS...?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
 Do you use the SS to hit the "HO' Stroll"?

Brian[/QUOTE]
Man that's all it does...That what I consider a specialty vehicle...Because it was especially modified to attract the "Double Dukes"!!!You know the real...

I still haven't seen the GP...Look the computer's don't do well processing polariods...You cannot I repeat cannot slide a polariod photo into the floppy drive and expect it to process correctly...So buy yourself an inexpensive digital...And until then quite trying to post those polariods...
jump9.gif

I still haven't seen the GP...Look the computer's don't do well processing polariods...You cannot I repeat cannot slide a polariod photo into the floppy drive and expect it to process correctly...So buy yourself an inexpensive digital...And until then quite trying to post those polariods...  
jump9.gif
You still can't see it?
rock.gif
You must have gone from
drink.gif
to smoking (we need a smilie smoking somethin'). Stop tellin' everyone that you smoke it for the glaucoma. You know that's how you get down???

B.

O.K. guys/gals, I have an update: Since I last posted here, I was on the verge of making it all happen. Well, guess what? It happened. Me and Sam sanded the insides of the wheels and put the bearings in. Whooopeee!! Rear wheel had only one side that need to be sanded (the hub side). The swingarm was fine, and the bearings just went right in. Now the front wheel was a little more demanding. Spent about 30 to 40 minutes of constant sanding by hand on both sides before the bearings finally made it in. Anyway, I said all that to say that I'm a happy man again. Won't be totally happy until the bike is completely back together. Thanx again for listening to me b*tch.

Brian

Man Ba mine should be back from sportchrome any day I cant wat I will post pics too. I hope I dont have any problems but if I do I am no Motorcycle mechanoc but I bet I could have figured out how to fix your problem

jump9.gif
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! that was a good one Stunnah!!! Double dukes huh?? dayum, watchout playa!!

Hey Bri, glad you got it solved I knew you could do it!!! Now hurray up and put that baby back together so we can see it dammit!! I'm beginning to wonder do you really have a Busa?
rock.gif
sneaky.gif
Don't get mad, you know I'm just playin' wit' ya!!! Just getting impatient is all..... Let's see it!!!!!

Lo

tounge.gif

Back