Macon454 came to play

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
Shane came by yesterday and we went for a little 200 mile jaunt through the Ozarks. I can't tell you the exact route but I know we were in Gateway, Rogers, Bentonville, Siloam, Fayetteville, Huntsville, Eureka Springs and good old HWY 23:)

He rode his 1K and it was thirsty...

p1070705.jpg

This shot was taken at the Harley Shop in Rogers where we stopped to pick up area ride maps. They have some nice ones:) The folks there were great and offered to let me ride any bike in the place, but Shane and I had other plans:beerchug:

p1070707.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After riding for about an hour and a half we stopped at a great Catfish House lunch. Shane will have to remind me of the name of the place. They are so good that they don't even need a sign:)

p1070709.jpg

Thanks again for lunch Shane...I owe you one:beerchug:

p1070710.jpg

This shot was taken at the Suzuki store where Shane bought his Busa. They like him there:beerchug:

p1070711.jpg

Taken at a gas stop in Huntsville...like I said the big red one was thirsty:)

p1070712.jpg

Shane rides off into the sunset and I sit on the balcony to watch it...A truly great day and ride. Thanks for everything Shane:cheerleader:

p1070715.jpg

p1070718.jpg

Hey where is Gateway? :rofl: And another eatery without any signs? whats the odds...

Looks a bit overcast :(

Sweet! Ya'll be careful over there... and HAVE FUN!!!

:cheerleader:

Hey where is Gateway? :rofl: And another eatery without any signs? whats the odds...

Looks a bit overcast :(

Seems to be a trend for great eateries around here:)

The bike shop was closed yesterday. Larry and Juli (I think that is his wife's name) have a death in the family. They will be back Friday. When I talked to her Monday she told me that their daughter (the photographer) got a job with the fall series of America's top model and is in Hawaii (she forgot which island) all summer for the filming:)

Seems to be a trend for great eateries around here:)

The bike shop was closed yesterday. Larry and Juli (I think that is his wife's name) have a death in the family. They will be back Friday. When I talked to her Monday she told me that their daughter (the photographer) got a job with the fall series of America's top model and is in Hawaii (she forgot which island) all summer for the filming:)

You know of all the days we have ridden together, that was probably one of the most memorable... what a great family that is... Larry bent way over backwards to make sure our day went well..

Pass along condolences :(

You know of all the days we have ridden together, that was probably one of the most memorable... what a great family that is... Larry bent way over backwards to make sure our day went well..

Pass along condolences :(

I agree, that was an awesome day:beerchug: I'm still amazed that he let me ride the BMW:cheerleader:

DSC_0030.JPG

:thumbsup: Had a great time Don, see in the morning, unless yall are going to bike night tonight.

I wish I was there! Stay safe, and I'lll see you all on Friday.

Now, I understand why he can ride the crap out of that Busa (thinking of the Bash pics of Macon on the Dragon...)

Now, I understand why he can ride the crap out of that Busa (thinking of the Bash pics of Macon on the Dragon...)

Hey now:laugh: i have only had the 1000 for about 6 months, havent got to do any track days on it yet, and i rode real calm and responsible yesterday, it is normally just funner to ride it, but it beat the crap out of me yesterday, the busa is so much smoother. Seems like the busa is easier to get a knee down on, but i havent got to do it much yet on the 1000. thanks for the good words.

Last edited:
Cool pics and a nice ride! Good job, Mr. Don! Nothing beats the trail like good riding partners and great places to eat!! Gotta do the catfish thing this weekend! Look forward to seeing everyone soon! :beerchug:

Back