M109

I saw a white one at the dealer and it would match my busa. I think I would get one in white. But $13k I don't want to spend that much. Or do I. The honda dealer here has VTX 1300s for about $8k they are 05 and 06 models. I like the look of the VTXs but heard they aren't comfortable and handle like crap and vibrates alot at cruise speed of 65-75mph. I don't know. And then there's kawis vulcan 900 custom that looks unique but don't know much about them either. The only thing is the price isn't too bad on the 900 kawi. The M109 is huge. Well its only money and you only live once so maybe I should go a little further in debt. The M109 definitely pops out at you. I thought they were ugly in photos then saw them in real life and they do look sweet.

(DeermeetBusa @ Mar. 21 2007,19:10) "Supposed to be as quick as Busa from 0-100" I hope your joking; right?
I test rode one. Not a chance it'll keep a Busa in sight. And, if I remember correctly, it takes almost twice as long to go from 0-100 as a stock Busa.

The thing is also a blast furnace. I mean that it puts out a ton of heat to the rider. Other than that it's pretty nice.

Get me a white m109, and a HOT babe for the backend, and I'm straight dawg.....
super.gif

(TallTom @ Mar. 21 2007,06:36) I think the 109 is HOT.   They got the styling right on it, and by coincidence it can kick a** on the road for cruiser category.   Stay away from the Vulcan series.  I had my mechanic tell me they have some engine reliability issues.  He sees a lot of bikes and I trust what he sees in his world.

And yes Honda's 1800 is also a darn good ride with lots of choices for looks and add ons.  Like what was stated.
rock.gif
? Explain that a little bit. I have an '04 Vulcan Nomad w/ 20K miles with zero problems. Regularly scheduled service. Vulcans are known for reliability and I've never heard of any issues contrary to that. The Busa is for me and the Nomad for my wife & me travelling. Excellent road bike.

I test rode a rocket at bike week a couple of years ago in Daytona. At the time it was the best cruiser I have ever been on. Lots of pull, comfortable, handled well, and had great brakes. It was pretty fast. As fast as a busa to 60? I'm not so sure. To 100, I'd have to say B.S. Also rode a Boss Hoss with a chevy 350 for a motor. What a burnout king!!! Other than that, a dumb idea. Way too much engine heat on my legs!

concept_v_max_001.jpg

I read a mag article when the Rocket came out and if I remember correctly it was as quick as a busa from either 0-30 or 0-40, can't remember which. After that it wasn't even close. Still, that is really quick for a big bike!
super.gif

(Poppy @ Mar. 22 2007,04:03)
rock.gif
? Explain that a little bit. I have an '04 Vulcan Nomad w/ 20K miles with zero problems. Regularly scheduled service. Vulcans are known for reliability and I've never heard of any issues contrary to that. The Busa is for me and the Nomad for my wife & me travelling. Excellent road bike.
As I stated I simply use what my experienced mechanic passes along to me. He has no ax to grind with Kawasaki. He works on everything. But apparently the Vulcan has some issues he sees with enough regularity to make that input. When I was shopping for a bike I asked him what were his known recommendations as far as good engines etc. He said stay away from the Vulcan series. I didn't ask him to elaborate.

KInd of like the early Honda V-4 Magnas and Sabres. They ran great, but had weak cam oiling and when the cam failed it was a whole head kind of problem. Til then it ran great. If you are the owner it isn't a trend, its a problem that seems to have occured. To a mechanic its a known failure item.

I apologize for causing any concern where you don't feel it is warranted. I don't speak from firsthand owner knowledge.

When I bought my Busa, it was from a bike collector. He had a Rocket III, like S/N 11 or something right new at the start. He knew his bikes pretty well. He claimed the 0-60 faster than the Busa also. So for what 4 seconds you have a race on your hands.

He also claimed it to be a pretty darn comfortable ride. I would hope so at nearly 900 lbs and the stance of an aircraft carrier. You either love or hate the looks of it, I fall into the later category. But you can't fight a 2300cc triple for braggin rights.

Hey TallTom, No big deal. I was just curious if there were specifics problems. I used to ride with a local Kawi dealer sponsored club, all types, mostly cruisers from 750cc's to the monster 2000cc V-twin Kawi. No known issues with any of them. Enough thread jacking, haha.

That M109 is a sweet looking ride. I haven't ridden one but they are comfortable. I haven't seen the Rocket III on the road but the advertising shots look pretty cool.

That photo of the raptor rocket isn't that the concept V-max that yami is thinking about putting out? I wonder if they will ever release it to compete with the B-kiing.

I don't know if I want another bike that draws attention and awe. The VTX is out. I like the look of the bike but this dealership that is selling them is using the old bait and switch routine. Unbelievable. The price is more than the msrp. Not a deal or sale. The Vulcan is still in mind. Seemed like there is virtually no maintanence with this bike. No chain to adjust or lube. No gear oil to change. Just belt replacement ever 12k miles or so and oil changes. Fuel injected and has a fuel gauge. Dealer told me that it gets 50mpg on the highway. The skinny wheel up front is hit or miss but when I sit on the bike it feels good. Does anyone know how having a skinny wheel up front affects the bike? I would think not having enough patch on the road would be a bad thing especially at highway speeds. Little rocks and stones must affect the bike more. Don't know. Advise or opinions on skinnys up front?

Did not mean to turn this into a Rocket III thread.

I was talking about getting rid of the Busa for a Cruiser. Needing a more upright riding position for the 20k miles I put on a bike every year.
But,,,,it's impossible to give up all that power when you've been on a Busa. From what I have READ, the Triumph will handle the M109 in short order.

My Dad has a VTX 1300 with Floor boards and there is about a good two inches on the tire that cannot even be used because the bike won't lean. The first time I had it out I leaned into a turn and slammed the floor board into the ground so hard it through my foot off the board. Horrible conering abilities. Now the VTX 1800 F model is supposed to be much better for cornering .

I just saw one @ Everett Powersports doing a Dyno run.... Im not a cruiser bike guy....But I like this bike..
super.gif

000_3127__Small_.jpg

I'll add my .02 here. If you are going to get a cruiser, go ahead and get a Victory. Great bikes at a great price and they are still made in the land of big Twins. One thing the Japanese do NOT do well, is get the cruisers right. they just do not really get it. The VTX is a prime example, Nice... but not quite right.

M109 is cool, but there are several models of Victory that aren't a whole lot more money. Also, you should be able to steal a V-rod from the HD dealership, these are pretty sweet bikes, and just aren't selling all that well.

Oh and as much as I would love to tell folks how wonderful the Rocket III is? I can't do it. It's too hideous for words and should be allowed to die a quick painless death.

They look like a cartoon with a 2.3 litre Rover Engine in them. Truly challenged and not in a fun BMW or KTM kind of way, just plain not good.

I say if you can't decide between an M109R and a Busa, then you need to wait for the B-King.

Or buy all three.
super.gif

(bitabur @ Mar. 21 2007,19:47) I wouldn't be too surprised... it has a 2300cc engine
you better look at the specs again...2300cc
SHOCKED.gif
it says the title 109 cubic inch...means 1780~1800cc
jump9.gif

Back