M109

busabutter

Registered
I don't know why but the M109 just appeals to me. I have had a cruiser before and when I switched to sportbikes I really didn't miss it. But never had a cruiser with this much so called power and the way it looks with the big fat tire at the rear. Anyone have one of these and how is it? I would ride my busa around and to everywhere but it attracts so much attention and I definitely don't want to leave it anywhere unattended. So I am looking at getting a cuiser to ride when I am running errands or work or whatever. Or should I get something a little tamer and less expensive, like the kawi 900 vulcan custom.

The M109R is definitely one sweet bike. Lots of power....actually, no, not lots of power, CRAPLOADS of power. The only complaint I have with the bike is that the headlight is ugly as sin.

If you're looking to get something with a little less power, consider the VTX from Honda. The big advantage that those have is that theres a ton of aftermarket stuff out there for it, so it's easy to customize. I dont think the aftermarket has quite caught up to the M109R yet.

Oh, here's what a VTX Retro model looks like with a few mods:

vtx2.jpg

I think the 109 is HOT. They got the styling right on it, and by coincidence it can kick a** on the road for cruiser category. Stay away from the Vulcan series. I had my mechanic tell me they have some engine reliability issues. He sees a lot of bikes and I trust what he sees in his world.

And yes Honda's 1800 is also a darn good ride with lots of choices for looks and add ons. Like what was stated.

I've been looking at the Triumph Rocket III
Supposed to be as quick as Busa from 0-100
Sporting a 250 on the rear, without baggage, it looks good.
Kicking around the 109 myself, but it pales to the Triumph.

I was able to take a M109 for a test ride at Americade last year. Now I'm not a cruiser guy and I found the riding position something I'd have to get use to. But--for a cruiser--it was one sweet ride. GOBS of power and torque. A real stump puller. If i was to buy a cruiser--this would be it! I say GO FOR IT!!!

I had a VTX1800 and I scraped the pegs all the time. Rode my friends meanstreak a few times and I've never scraped the pegs on it. Also rode a rocket III at bike week and didn't scrap either. My v-max was ok as well. I know cruisers are not sport bikes but the VTX was a total pain in this area. This is why I sold it.

BRCheader.gif

Take a Roadliner for a spin. It gets up and boogies for a cruiser. 113cu. in.

Back