M.unit blue

Thanks man! I really got a lot out of that Arch.
Man I thought I was doing well adding a radar detector, USB input, battery tender input, LED tail lamp. I feel like I know nothing after getting into this thread lol.

Yeah fast_pace is on the outer edge of things with this mod. The power distribution stuff is pretty much easy to do. This not so much. Probably the one thing I got out of the BMW was some insight into how bikes are fundamentally changing even if they stay with internal combustion. They are starting to pull more directly from car technology. Depending on how you look at it, that's good because there is so much more money in cars so they can bare the development cost and then it can go to bikes. BMW is claiming they are bringing side radar collision detection, adaptive cruise control, and a version of collision warning to bikes in the next 1-2 model years.

Yeah fast_pace is on the outer edge of things with this mod. The power distribution stuff is pretty much easy to do. This not so much. Probably the one thing I got out of the BMW was some insight into how bikes are fundamentally changing even if they stay with internal combustion. They are starting to pull more directly from car technology. Depending on how you look at it, that's good because there is so much more money in cars so they can bare the development cost and then it can go to bikes. BMW is claiming they are bringing side radar collision detection, adaptive cruise control, and a version of collision warning to bikes in the next 1-2 model years.
Yeah, I think I'll just stick to using my senses and experience driven intuition to avoid collisions.
Cruise control, yeah I love it in my car, but my type of riding is very on the throttle, twisties etc etc so not really for me.
I can see the benefits for you Americans on your never ending freeways but in NZ the straights aren't that long, usually under a few miles in length lol.

I use cruise a lot getting to the good roads. I hate riding to a good place and having to stop while the other guys rest their butts and wrists. I show up on site and hit it, just pop the cruise off.

Touring is a totally different riding than sport riding. You ride when you are tired, in pouring rain, bad grip conditions and cold. There are many times when you are simply not 100% on the bike. That's when you need all the help you can get. Sport riders will not get riding in bad conditions (after all what's the point) but if you are trying to do a 1K to 2K trip you have to meet the schedule no matter what nature throws at you.

Motogadget has been dabling in digital signaling, or i believe its called multiplexing. Yes, the automotive and big rig industry have been using it for some years now. BMW prob is using that. I have no idea of that crap tho lol
But i do know you can order a unit called an m.button, which attaches to my unit and converts all your 5 or 6 handlebar inputs to a digital signal thru a single wire. Sounds pretty cool and realy keeps the handlebars tidy for bobbers and streetfighters.
I myself have been looking into a blind spot system for the bike. Small lights that would mount in the mirrors like on newer cars. Those run thru a module and respond to sensors calibrated at blind spot detector locations. Hopefully motogadget comes thru with some awesome plug n play digital signalling for awesome stuff like that.

Here's my latest project, just something simple I'm whipping up whilst in between bigger jobs . . .
maxresdefault.jpg

Ok, I lied. That is the sort of thing I would LOVE to be involved with, but alas . . . I'm a simple auto tech just doing simple maintenance work . . sigh.

Dream big my friend. There is more to come!
Im just a driver for a flooring company lol but i made it to work this morning in 14minutes ... its 25min away... my life is complete (as long as theres not a cop at my door this evening lol)

Back