M/C Lift and Stands

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I bought this lift and chock from a friend.

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

Plenty sturdy and the chock holds the Busa tight while getting it up on the rear stand.

What I want to know is how to make use of my front fork lift stand on the lift after the rear is up on the stand. I tried rolling the bike back while on the rear stand, can't quite get it out of the chock. Can't make use of the side stand on the lift. Can't easily pull the chock out once the bike is up on the rear stand. Do I need different chock? I want to be able to put the bike on the lift and stands by myself.

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

Looks like the really cheap harbor freight chock... Everyone is going to suggest a Baxley Chock, especially FastFrog007 :laugh: You can put your busa in the baxley by yourself and take it out by yourself so ive been told by many and from what ive read on countless posts saying how good the baxley chalk is. I still just dont think i can pay the money for it.

Im going to buy the more expensive harbor freight one ($60) and fabricate a lift support to it for getting the bike out of the chock easier ($20-30 at most). better than spending 200 for the baxley...

Ill be picking up my chock tomorrow and probly get to messing with it next weekend and ill post up pics.

Maybe a rear wheel chock so you can use the front stand?

Looks like the really cheap harbor freight chock... Everyone is going to suggest a Baxley Chock, especially FastFrog007 :laugh: You can put your busa in the baxley by yourself and take it out by yourself so ive been told by many and from what ive read on countless posts saying how good the baxley chalk is. I still just dont think i can pay the money for it.

Im going to buy the more expensive harbor freight one ($60) and fabricate a lift support to it for getting the bike out of the chock easier ($20-30 at most). better than spending 200 for the baxley...

Ill be picking up my chock tomorrow and probly get to messing with it next weekend and ill post up pics.

Maybe a rear wheel chock so you can use the front stand?

I want the bike on the lift sitting on both the front and rear stands. I want to accomplish this by myself, unaided. Easy enough to do with help. The Baxley would be even more difficult to get out from under the front than the one I've got. Nothing wrong with the chock. I can ride the bike up on the lift and into the chock and it holds the bike tight and straight up so I can step off and lift the rear wth ease.

I have a new T-REX stand that lifts at the stearing head bearings, still in the box. I'll do a review on it tomorrow.

Be careful.
Moving the bike while on the rear stand so you can try to put it up on a front one just sounds like an accident waiting to happen ?

Be careful.
Moving the bike while on the rear stand so you can try to put it up on a front one just sounds like an accident waiting to happen ?

That's not much of a problem, do it on the garage floor all the time, straight back and forward.

Once the bike is on the rear stand can you unbolt the chock from the lift and slide it forward and out of the way and then put it up on your front stand. Maybe you could find some short pins to replace the bolts. The kind of pin and clevis that holds a ball hitch into the receiver.???

yup, thats the harbor freight lift, and wheel chock. I have the exact set up. Just pre-load the suspention before you yank it out, and it comes out with ease.

I just took delivery of a Baxley today. The lift table probably isn't quite long enough to do that maneuver. Problem is the table isn't wide enough to put the side stand down and the goal was a one man operation. Front and back both supported by Pitbulls.

Bought the lift from a friend for less than I paid for the Baxley chock. Both were well worth the cost.

I have the same lift and the same wheel chock, the only thing I did is add grip tape to the chock to keep the bike even more sturdy. I have no complaints and love it..:thumbsup:

I did buy my Harbor Freight chock and i love it :thumbsup:
Super easy to take in and out and holds the bike secure :beerchug:

Back