Lunch with Mother

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Now, you must have imagined it'd involve a 'busa.

laugh.gif

"Mother's" at the top of Palomar Mountain (pan-style photographs (3))

At_Mothers__1_.gif

...lunch with mother...

Guess that's all the pix I had for this round...

Enjoy~

I love how your 8 pack sticks out of your suit
bowdown.gif

Is It SUNDAY YET?!?!
rofl.gif

I may have to call in sick one day this week so we can get out and scout further the canyons for our upcoming scenes.

We could just pretend it's Sunday!

Leon, Mark and I did fairly well (I'll show you the places for the photographer), but as the fourth member of the S/E/S group, I feel it's only right to obtain your opinion as well.

Then we can finalize the offering.

kickass.gif

Your thoughts on that?  
rock.gif

I leave the bad
moon.gif
Canyon choices to you dude. I take the passenger seat to you in choosing a picture perfect canyon.
bowdown.gif

All I can do is goof off when the shot is being taken!
smileyexhibit.gif

Uh-huh. Well, I guess we can just go out to practice. Are you going to be in SD all week?

I'ze thinking Wednesday for a 'oooh, dayum, I ain't feeling too well...' kinda day.

My bike is still in OC, I don't have proper parking for it here in SD. I think we could manage a quick stint. You do look kinda sick
whistling.gif

ha ha. So how does the Duc. do against the 08's
Mark's progress as a rider has been nothing short of amazing. Seriously.

I have to temper him from time to time, however, because he's become fearless following me/us through some of the most technical roads in the vicinity.

My advice is to practice riding the corners with technical accuracy instead of simply keeping up to riders with many more years' experience. It's difficult to tell a friend he needs to slow down, but the advice is typically well-received and seems to be paying him (and all of us) great dividends.

The Ducati is very capable. For our style of riding, it is more designed to be doing what we're doing (that is, spanking the canyons). However, at the base, the build quality on the Duc is inferior. It's reliability quotient is low, and I don't trust it to get Mark to breakfast, much less all the way home.

Last Sunday, after the fore-posted pix were taken, we were on our way home, and his gear-shift became jammed in 2nd gear...leaving us essentially stranded. It was hot, we were in full leathers...his bike, nearly useless at the roadside. After some inspection, he decided to try some maneuvers (in 2nd gear) in an attempt to dislodge it. That worked, and the bike functioned normally the rest of the way home. Since then, he's had it to Spectrum Ducati (Irvine) for repair, and brought it home yesterday.

I told him at the roadside...and I quote... "ya shoulda bought a 'busa".

To fully answer your question, though...the Duc does everything the 'busa does in this application...and probably more (God it pains me to say that.)

Back